Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

19 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

Oh me too.  But if Mitchell is gone then Beanne could go Coleman.  That’s all I’m saying. 

They'll take a good WR or 2 in this draft, IMO. 

I put little credence in hard ratings of players, when ability is so arbitrary. What is the draft team emphasizing ?  Size ? Deep speed ? Separation ? Route running ?  I'm sure Allen would like someone who can catch the deep ball and the ability to get open enough to make plays. Still has Kincaid, Shakir, Samuel, Knox, Cook and more to throw to now.  Doesn't have to be a carbon copy of past WR's he's thrown to. Luckily, the WR draft pool is very deep. Beane doesn't have to move up in a deep pool unless he wants to. And who's to say WR will be their 1st pick ? 

A guy is supposedly an acceptable pick at #38 overall but a reach at #28. I just read something to that extent with another team and just laughed. What created nonsense. Readers just regurgitate opinions of a specific site most times.

Mock drafts are just an exercise to display an expected draft range of scouted players. Changes a lot on actual draft weekend. Ratings are for 3-4 years after the draft...not 2 days after.  It's just a beauty contest and sales job days after. 

Beane and OC Brady envisioned plays for Samuel and signed him. They will draft another WR (or 2) for maybe a completely different reason and skillset. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Since I don't believe in heaven or hell, i really hope OJ suffered in his battle vs cancer.    
There are only a few people in this world I would wish that type of pain on.   He is one of them 

sorry if that offends.   

Woah.  The glove didn’t fit….  🙂 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I hesitate to memorialize him in any way, but it is nevertheless newsworthy:  OJ Simpson has passed away.

Well this is going to make for an interesting train wreck sort of day. You can already see it in action. 

• Like (+1) 1

I hope they do a brain scan on him. I don't gamble, but If I did I'd wager all those hits to head did damage. Obviously guilty, but there was obviously bad behavior by the cops. No way that glove ended up at OJ's house without some help from law enforcement.

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I hope they do a brain scan on him. I don't gamble, but If I did I'd wager all those hits to head did damage. Obviously guilty, but there was obviously bad behavior by the cops. No way that glove ended up at OJ's house without some help from law enforcement.

I think a brain scan will likely reveal some issues.  He had anger issues that came later in life.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

There are anger issues and then there is basically decapitating your ex wife anger 

True.  I do not condone anything he did either, and I don't feel bad for him because he was a Buffalo Bill.   He had domestic violence issues with his first wife too.   

As a young Buffalo kid, I had posters of OJ, Gil Perreault, and Bob McAdoo on my bedroom wall.  I got to meet him once and he was what you would expect at that time, he was the coolest and most magnetic guy in the room.  

For a short period of time in the 70's we had 3 very good teams, all with superstar players.  

51 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

As a young Buffalo kid, I had posters of OJ, Gil Perreault, and Bob McAdoo on my bedroom wall.  I got to meet him once and he was what you would expect at that time, he was the coolest and most magnetic guy in the room.  

For a short period of time in the 70's we had 3 very good teams, all with superstar players.  

Sal Maiorana wrote a book about this era. "When Buffalo Sat Atop the Sports World".  It's on Amazon. 

I was a few years behind you so this era was sort of on the edge of my consciousness as I got to a few Braves games but I was very young, I saw OJ live a couple times but again, I was a little kid. The book really helped put it all in context.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

Talk to my college football guy. He called McConkey a great #2 receiver and considering he lives under 5 miles away from where Ladd plays and has seen 100% of his snaps, I'm gonna trust him here. Also said he's not a Worthy fan. Thinks McConkey at 28 is probably a tiny reach but would take him there as he will be a hot commodity if available later. Also added the following "I'd also think about what Ladd would look like in KC. He's a receiver that would almost instantly work with Mahomes and Andy Reids offense. If not there, Todd Monken is in Baltimore."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Talk to my college football guy. He called McConkey a great #2 receiver and considering he lives under 5 miles away from where Ladd plays and has seen 100% of his snaps, I'm gonna trust him here. Also said he's not a Worthy fan. Thinks McConkey at 28 is probably a tiny reach but would take him there as he will be a hot commodity if available later. Also added the following "I'd also think about what Ladd would look like in KC. He's a receiver that would almost instantly work with Mahomes and Andy Reids offense. If not there, Todd Monken is in Baltimore."

I am one of those advocating for taking two WR early. I would take McConkey at #28, and then use a 2025 2nd to move up from #60 to grab Legette. 

I don't suppose you post over on the football side of this forum? I'd like to copy paste your comment over there if you don't mind.

Edited by Dr. Who

35 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I am one of those advocating for taking two WR early. I would take McConkey at #28, and then use a 2025 2nd to move up from #60 to grab Legette. 

I don't suppose you post over on the football side of this forum? I'd like to copy paste your comment over there if you don't mind.

I don't typically. I love football but never want to get as deep into it as hockey. 

As for the comment, I'm fine with it. Hopefully ppl take it as another point to think about and not a be all end all statement. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 4/10/2024 at 9:14 AM, LGR4GM said:

I love Ladd a lot. He is the type of guy that you can trust and he runs some great routes all while being just a good dude. That said, no IMPO. As @inkman notes, Ladd's primary area of use would be in the middle of the field on short and intermediate routes. He is taller Beasley in some ways. I just don't think the Bills need that skilset per say. Kincaid and Samuel should be able to easily cover just about all the routes that Ladd can. I would certainly wait until the 2nd round on him even though I think he has the makings of a very good WR. Love the player but dislike the fit for the Bills without Diggs around. I think AD Mitchell would be a better option at 28. If Ladd slides in the 2nd round and were available at that spot, I would get him there as I think he could help but if we are team building, I look elsewhere. 

Personally I would trade up. 

This is the way. 

A Julio Jones Type Deal to get into the Top Ten for one of the big three WRs 

57 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is the way. 

A Julio Jones Type Deal to get into the Top Ten for one of the big three WRs 

No way we get Harrison.  But other than obviously him,  I wouldn’t want the Bills to do that unless it’s for Nabors.  I really like Odunze, but I’m not sure he’s a slam dunk like the other two.  
Personally, I would love to see us trade up just enough to get Brian Thomas Jr.  Give up the 2nd we got for Diggs to move up.  It’ll make the move that much more fun. 

Had a long draft talk with my NFL draft guy. He currently projects us to take Adonai Mitchell at 28 if we stay put. I agree with him that McConkey shares similar attributes to Shakir and the Bills would want to draft someone with a different profile to give themselves more versatility. 

• Like (+1) 2