GDT LA Kings at Buffalo Sabres Tues 7pm MSG/ ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

3 hours ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Used to get coup

Used to get coupons for 2 chili cheese dogs and a small fry for .99 good for 10 orders! LOL Sunday tradition! Bag of fries, dogs and chocolate milk!!!

There's one less than 2 miles away.    I've lived here 17 years, haven't set foot in the place yet haha.... might have to try it now 🙂

Kevyn Adams was on WGR at 5pm

Sounded disappointed in how this season has gone and did say he’ll be looking for trades that are more helpful for now and the future. So it sounds like he’s done kicking the ball down the road. They asked him about what he think went wrong and while he started with the typical learning curve lingo he said that he’ll put that off to the side and could talk 2 hours about what else went wrong and the good news was he refused to claim injuries ruined them.

Outright stated Mitts has 2 years of RFA left as well as isn’t being shopped whatsoever. He’s talked about him as with most players but isn’t seeking out to move him. Also thrashed much of the rumors about the Sabres that are being discussed online. 

I honestly think Adams has a very similar approach to how I think. We are both very cautious with a fear of outright losing a trade. Additionally we both had hoped the team would keep growing naturally with tweaks around the edges. As such, like me, I’d imagine he’s very discontent over this season and annoyed by the lack of good starts and special teams play.

My main theory as to Granato’s retention is more related to a combo of many previous firings as well as Granato’s brother getting cancer near Christmas. Buffalo is already a less than beloved place to go; you have treat your coaches and players well if you want to hire new guys. Teams that win consistently can get away with far more questionable behavior than a team in a 12 year drought. I’d guess next year we’ll have all new assistants and possibly a new head coach if Brind’Amour shakes loose. 

Adams stated he’s very good friends with Peca which would say his departure wasn’t a dirty one and that it was far more likely that Peca wanted to go learn from an experienced head coach versus a first timer  like Granato. 

That’s what I garnered from the interview as I drove home from work

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I think there is a long losing streak on the horizon. We've done this "hang around   .500 thing" all year with no real momentum ever. If we're going to fall, let's fall off hard now and blow this thing up

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Sounded disappointed in how this season has gone and did say he’ll be looking for trades that are more helpful for now and the future. So it sounds like he’s done kicking the ball down the road. They asked him about what he think went wrong and while he started with the typical learning curve lingo he said that he’ll put that off to the side and could talk 2 hours about what else went wrong and the good news was he refused to claim injuries ruined them.

Outright stated Mitts has 2 years of RFA left as well as isn’t being shopped whatsoever. He’s talked about him as with most players but isn’t seeking out to move him. Also thrashed much of the rumors about the Sabres that are being discussed online. 

I honestly think Adams has a very similar approach to how I think. We are both very cautious with a fear of outright losing a trade. Additionally we both had hoped the team would keep growing naturally with tweaks around the edges. As such, like me, I’d imagine he’s very discontent over this season and annoyed by the lack of good starts and special teams play.

My main theory as to Granato’s retention is more related to a combo of many previous firings as well as Granato’s brother getting cancer near Christmas. Buffalo is already a less than beloved place to go; you have treat your coaches and players well if you want to hire new guys. Teams that win consistently can get away with far more questionable behavior than a team in a 12 year drought. I’d guess next year we’ll have all new assistants and possibly a new head coach if Brind’Amour shakes loose. 

Adams stated he’s very good friends with Peca which would say his departure wasn’t a dirty one and that it was far more likely that Peca wanted to go learn from an experienced head coach versus a first timer  like Granato. 

I didn't hear it, so thanks.  That said, what I don't see here is any sense of accountability...whether it be TP's, GMKA's, DG's, etc.  What's missing is taking any responsibility for this crap show and not enough commitment to fix the problem.

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Thanks for listening and sharing.  

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I am more at ease seeing RJ moving the puck in our end than I do with Power.

Still made a dangerous pass up the center of the ice. But I agree.

Not sure if I've ever seen JJ smile before.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I am more at ease seeing RJ moving the puck in our end than I do with Power.

RJ doesn’t spend much time thinking about the play to make; he commits and goes, come what may. Whereas OP is seemingly paralyzed by over analysis and is just too slow in his decision making. I think that’s because he’s afraid of making the big gaffe and I think it’s something he can mature out of. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Notice how no one else was moving forward on that play EXCEPT JJ? What the eff. There is a reason that kid is flashing and almost no one else is.

Might have been changing at that moment.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

RJ doesn’t spend much time thinking about the play to make; he commits and goes, come what may. Whereas OP is seemingly paralyzed by over analysis and is just too slow in his decision making. I think that’s because he’s afraid of making the big gaffe and I think it’s something he can mature out of. 

Ryan Johnson is having a very solid rookie year. Underrated.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.