Owen Power Week to Week with Injury

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Do the injuries provide Adams with an excuse to more less run it back, a legitimate reason to run it back, or neither?

Yes, they provide Adams an excuse to run it back. No, the excuse doesn’t hold water. 

• Like (+1) 2

Pardon me if I'm cutting in: Anyone care to share a take on where Power is in terms of development and/or how he projects as an NHLer? 

I've mostly stopped paying attention to how the team and players perform. But given that they've committed to the guy long-term, I am curious to get perspectives on where he's at, where he may be headed.

For my part, he generally makes me say meh. 

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Pardon me if I'm cutting in: Anyone care to share a take on where Power is in terms of development and/or how he projects as an NHLer? 

I've mostly stopped paying attention to how the team and players perform. But given that they've committed to the guy long-term, I am curious to get perspectives on where he's at, where he may be headed.

He's having a sophomore slump I believe he will be fine and be a Major core piece moving forward

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think he needs to make some changes. He’s got to get in better condition and be able to skate faster and be stronger with his body overall. He’s too thin and too weak and too slow and not quality enough skater at this point in time, IMO.

A better head coach and defense coach would help.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

I think he needs to make some changes. He’s got to get in better condition and be able to skate faster and be stronger with his body overall. He’s too thin and too weak and too slow and not quality enough skater at this point in time, IMO.

A better partner than Jokiharu would help too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

30 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Explain his rookie year?

34 minutes ago, Weave said:

We’ll call up someone from Roc who isn’t ready.  The Sabres will be worse for it.  The Amerks will be worse for it.  All of western NY will barely know it happened.

Also, feline AIDS is the leading cause of death among domestic cats.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Feel bad for the injury but save me the excuses for his poor, gutless effort most nights. Luckily, he starts getting paid like a star next year. Nice reckless early signing , KA. 

In fairness to KA, the guy was the consensus #1 pick overall and he played very well in his first full season.  Burning the first year of his ELC has really come back to bite the Sabres in the butt here, as having another year to assess his worthiness of a large extension would have been useful.  That said, burning that 1st year is what happens with players drafted at that level.  It's not like the Sabres had much of a choice.  I'm also in the camp that Power will be fine.  He's having a bad sophomore slump season, but he has the tools and played well in his first season.  Outside of Peterka and UPL, nobody on the Sabres is having a very good season.

Also, feline AIDS is the leading cause of death among domestic cats.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.