If the devil's fire Ruff

Buffalonill

Bring Ruff back if fired   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Bring Ruff back if fired

46 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Of all the failed hires over the past 13 years he’s my least favorite. There was zero reason to ever bring him back. Didn’t like him once he left and certainly didn’t like bringing his washed up ass back. 

Really? I mean I was joking but what's with the Nolan hate? Worse than Kreuger? Come on, Kreuger HAS to be the worst hire ever. 

Ted was coach of the year and he deserved it. Then we screwed him over and the rumors ran rampant. The return? Well that was Murray screwing him over yet again. I mean the audacity of a guy trying to win games when the GM was tanking. Had to get rid of every single goalie to stop him. 

Murray's the worst GM ever. Kreuger's the worst coach ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Really? I mean I was joking but what's with the Nolan hate? Worse than Kreuger? Come on, Kreuger HAS to be the worst hire ever. 

Ted was coach of the year and he deserved it. Then we screwed him over and the rumors ran rampant. The return? Well that was Murray screwing him over yet again. I mean the audacity of a guy trying to win games when the GM was tanking. Had to get rid of every single goalie to stop him. 

We hired Nolan because we had zero interest in winning. It was a bone thrown to the Southies and lunch pal guys in return for a ***** product. It was throwing in the towel wrapped in a marketing department. Every other hire was in an attempt to win, whether they were a bad hire or not. We hire Nolan to lose us games. It was disgusting then and it’s disgusting now. 

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

We hired Nolan because we had zero interest in winning. It was a bone thrown to the Southies and lunch pal guys in return for a ***** product. It was throwing in the towel wrapped in a marketing department. Every other hire was in an attempt to win, whether they were a bad hire or not. We hire Nolan to lose us games. It was disgusting then and it’s disgusting now. 

lunch pal? 

Maybe that's why we suck. Did wrong by a good guy. I liked Ted. Sabres treated him like s%%t. No denying that. 

and thanks for calling me a "southie" and a "lunch pal guy" like it's an insult. Now go F yourself you elitist piece of crap. 

13 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I would definitely not want him back, he has only made the playoffs 3 times in 7 seasons after leaving the Sabres and has not advanced passed the 2nd round. No thank you!

He made round 2 twice out of the 3 and he worked a big rebuild in NJ.  They were behind Buffalo when he got there.   

I voted no but I think he can still coach, and probably better than DG, but why not bring him back in a FO Exec/Hockey Operations capacity?    Maybe he can help with pro player acquisition, coaching staff, etc.  

He would add credibility to the staff. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

lunch pal? 

Maybe that's why we suck. Did wrong by a good guy. I liked Ted. Sabres treated him like s%%t. No denying that. 

and thanks for calling me a "southie" and a "lunch pal guy" like it's an insult. Now go F yourself you elitist piece of crap. 

lol

We didn’t do anything wrong by Ted. He didn’t like he was given a one year deal so he didn’t take it. Tough *****, Ted, you’ve got a new boss. There were 28 gigs available and he turned one down and threw a fit. Was a happy to see him leave? No. Did I think we lost a good hockey coach? Absolutely not. The Jack Adams award is more of a “which team surprised us most” award. Not much of a surprise with Dom Hasek. 

Also, if you think South Buffalo didn’t love Ted Nolan I’m not sure what to tell you. And if people from South Buffalo get offended from being called a Southie then they are soft as *****. Pretty sure Teddy himself would describe himself as a coach for the lunchpail crowd, so not sure what to tell you there. Sounds like your own projections.

Elitist lol I’ve worked in logistics since getting out of the army. Sorry I want a real hockey coach for my hockey team. When Barnaby and Ray are your biggest proponents maybe you aren’t that special. 

Edited by #freejame
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, #freejame said:

Of all the failed hires over the past 13 years he’s my least favorite. There was zero reason to ever bring him back. Didn’t like him once he left and certainly didn’t like bringing his washed up ass back. 

Nolan was LaFontaine’s choice to coach a rebuilding team and still keep the work ethic high.  When Pat quit, Nolan was hung to dry by Murray, the roster was gutted further by Murray -  who ironically was another LaFontaine selection.  

The entire organization was chaos and no one was on the same page back .  Don’t blame Nolan for the roster they gave him or for trying to win with it.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Nolan was LaFontaine’s choice to coach a rebuilding team and still keep the work ethic high.  When Pat quit, Nolan was hung to dry by Murray, the roster was gutted further by Murray -  who ironically was another LaFontaine selection.  

The entire organization was chaos and no one was on the same page back .  Don’t blame Nolan for the roster they gave him or for trying to win with it.  

I’m not blaming Nolan for any of that. I’m saying hiring Nolan was signaling we are going to be losers but we are going to be losers in a brand of hockey you hopefully like. What he did in Buffalo during his second term means nothing to my argument. I think it was throwing in the towel to hire him. 

16 minutes ago, Weave said:

Never heard the term southie.

Im too old to learn new things.  I probably lost something valuable to make room for that.

Don’t think it’s ever been a term used with anything other than jest. Not sure where I got it from but don’t think I made it up. If it sticks in your brain it’s definitely less valuable than whatever you pushed out. 

27 minutes ago, Weave said:

Never heard the term southie.

Im too old to learn new things.  I probably lost something valuable to make room for that.

My wife has family with South Buffalo and South Towns roots (West Seneca, Hamburg, etc) .  No one, not once, has ever referred to anyone from there as “Southies”.    It’s not a WNY thing. 

Southies is a Boston term, check out the movie Good Will Hunting.   Maybe used in Chicago as well.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

My wife has family with South Buffalo and South Towns roots (West Seneca, Hamburg, etc) .  No one, not once, has ever referred to anyone from there as “Southies”.    It’s not a WNY thing. 

Southies is a Boston term, check out the movie Good Will Hunting.   Maybe used in Chicago as well.  

I will find a new shorthand for the folks of South Buffalo moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:
16 hours ago, inkman said:

This please is really starting to suck 

Post of the year.  We don't need anymore… Bravo @inkman@Sabres Fan in NS

A Sabrespace HOF Classic

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Might as well bring Darcy back as well🤪

Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff is the best pairing Pegula has ever had with the Sabres. 

The team was right to move on. It’s insane they haven’t been able to hire anybody better for either role in 10 years. 

I wonder if Lindy has enough trust from Pegula to be POHO and get the rumored “no meddling” clause?

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

He made round 2 twice out of the 3 and he worked a big rebuild in NJ.  They were behind Buffalo when he got there.   

I voted no but I think he can still coach, and probably better than DG, but why not bring him back in a FO Exec/Hockey Operations capacity?    Maybe he can help with pro player acquisition, coaching staff, etc.  

He would add credibility to the staff. 

I'd just prefer something non nostalgic for a choice, no former Sabres, no former Sabre Coaches from the past, just a HC who's been there and done that already, there are 2 now that are jobless and I'd take either 1 of them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I'd take Ruff back immediately.

I'd also like Adams replaced if possible.

I've soured on the 1st time GM and/or coach thing. Not saying lightning couldn't strike on the subject, but if it's one thing the Sabres have dominated in, it is the capability of showing just how disastrously implementing such a strategy can be. Let's face it, they have failed every single time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

mom day GIF

• Like (+1) 1

Is Ruff a world beater? No. 

Is Ruff firmly in the "Hall of Very Good"? Absolutely

For the same reasons I am pro McBeane I would be pro this move. Terry Pegula is an adminsative disaster who I have zero faith in ever making two good decisions back to back. 

I have said it a 100 times, he continues to hire yes men so he can meddle. It starts with Jerry Forton, whose brother in-law is the business man behind Pegula's empire, being on the bench early in Terry's ownership and progresses to Kevyn Adams. 

If Ruff can come in and make us the 6th seed year after year for eternity, sign me up, because as a business org we are the worst team in hockey for the last 13 years without him. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

If the devil's fire lindy ruff do the Sabres bring him back to undo the curse when he left

Buffalo has been through 7( Granato will be gone) head coaches and 12 Straight years without playoffs

I say reverse the curse nothin else works

Do you think this could happen or are you just playing....

wait for it...

Devil's Advocate?

😄 😄 I'll show myself out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.