Eric Comrie called up, Devon Levi sent down

inkman

He needs to play.

He's an AHL goalie.

KA was wrong as was something close to 100% of this board.

But not dumb ole PA. Right about Sabres hockey since (at least) Feb. 22, 2011.

My team might not, but I do go on winning streaks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

He needs to play.

He's an AHL goalie.

8 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This is a one day assignment 

So much for the patting of ones back. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Night Train said:

So much for the patting of ones back. 

It doesn't contradict anything I said. This is Devin's second trip down. Almost no one thought this was a possibility. Because he was the second coming of Pat Roy.

• Agree 1

Don’t expect him to stay in the NHL.  The Sabres play a back to back in LA and then SJS on the 27th.  Then they are off until 2/6.

The Amerks play 1/26, 1/27, 1/31, 2/2 and 2/3.  If the Sabres have a brain, they are going to send Levi down to play in at least 2 of these games for the Amerks.  

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Don’t expect him to stay in the NHL.  The Sabres play a back to back in LA and then SJS on the 27th.  Then they are off until 2/6.

The Amerks play 1/26, 1/27, 1/31, 2/2 and 2/3.  If the Sabres have a brain, they are going to send Levi down to play in at least 2 of these games for the Amerks.  

He should stay down for the remainder of the year. 

I LOVE Levi. But he may never be the goalie we want if we don’t take some ownership of his progression. 

Depending how that goes I might still be in favor of bringing in another goalie next year to pair with UPL and letting Levi continue to marinate with some spot duty next season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • dislike 1

Move makes sense. You're keeping both of your potential backups with some in-game work.

I posted here because I refuse to post about UPL in a thread where the title has "6k" in it. The only thing worse than that nickname is having a member of this forum be the one who's pushing for it because he came up with it himself.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

55 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It doesn't contradict anything I said. This is Devin's second trip down. Almost no one thought this was a possibility. Because he was the second coming of Pat Roy.

If you took the time to read you would see people on this board have been clamouring for this move. It’s the right move for Levi’s development. He needs reps and lots of them.

IMO, this move only became the "right" move when UPL (and the Sabres defensive structure) proved it could provide adequate NHL goal prevention.

IMO, this is symptomatic Adams and DG "learning on the job." They may have thrown away an entire season doing so.

With that said, I hope they call Levi back up for back-to-backs, or if UPL needs a rest. Unless some think Comrie is better than we think, and the improved Sabres defensive structure could support him?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

IMO, this move only became the "right" move when UPL (and the Sabres defensive structure) proved it could provide adequate NHL goal prevention.

IMO, this is symptomatic Adams and DG "learning on the job." They may have thrown away an entire season doing so.

With that said, I hope they call Levi back up for back-to-backs, or if UPL needs a rest. Unless some think Comrie is better than we think, and the improved Sabres defensive structure could support him?

Well said.

“No” to the question about Comrie though 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm confused what buffalo is doing to this kid if they keep bringing him back after 1 game.

I would let him stay the rest of the year in Rochester 

I think the Sabres realize Levi is their best chance at a win when UPL isn’t in the crease. For that reason, I think taking Levi on the road trip is the right move.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mango said:

He should stay down for the remainder of the year. 

I LOVE Levi. But he may never be the goalie we want if we don’t take some ownership of his progression. 

Depending how that goes I might still be in favor of bringing in another goalie next year to pair with UPL and letting Levi continue to marinate with some spot duty next season. 

This is more what UPL is doing then what Levi is not doing. Levi could just as easily be the main man after All-star break. UPL was great before All-star last year, after he sucked. Why Comrie 5-1-1 and Levi 5-2 got to play chase for the Playoffs.

Levi can't sit this long, he needs games. If Adams wanted Levi to be the main man he would have gotten a Veteran to work with him. Instead he created a 3 man Competition.

I still am not sold UPL is the man, we were here last year. Club is at .500. We have Regressed this year. See how this all goes.

Adams to me is the Failure at this Point. He has LEFT more questions then answers moving forward

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm confused what buffalo is doing to this kid if they keep bringing him back after 1 game.

I would let him stay the rest of the year in Rochester 

Remember UPL fall from grace last year? Never proven he can win when necessary. Also Comrie hasn't proven he can stay Healthy.

Right move for now to get the most Reps for Levi and track what UPL does.

Don't hate UPL, he just has NEVER stood up yet for a whole year. Failed last year and use to get hurt a lot.

The Stage is yours UPL!

Edited by TRIP65

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

He needs to play.

He's an AHL goalie.

Dj Khaled Compliment GIF

8 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This is a one day assignment 

Makes sense, now that UPL is actually playing like an NHL starter.  But that was not the case prior to this homestand.  When Levi will go a long time without NHL action as he's now experiencing, slide him down and let him get extra games in.

But for any games that UPL won't be starting, they need Levi back in the fold.  This afternoon's loss REALLY hurts.  5 points out seems doable.  9 is a huge gap.  They can't throw away more points on Comrie starts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.