Trade Deadline: What Sabres likely to be moved?

sweetlou

The list seems to be getting longer with the probability that the Sabres will be sellers this year as the playoffs look out of range again. 

The obvious- Could get 2nd to 4th rd picks in return.

Oloffson, Girgensons, and EJ.

Could be- Teams looking for depth, KA should just get what ever he can get. May have to retain salary.

Okposo, Jost, Comrie, and Robinson

Moves to shake things up

Joker, and Krebs

Interesting to hear who else Sabres Spacers may be ready to move on from??

I believe we could see another type of blockbuster with one of the young players or prospects either at trade deadline, but definitely in the off-season.

• Disagree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I heard @PASabreFan is on the trading block.  Kevyn offered him to Philly for Gritty, but Philly wants Adams to throw in a 7th round pick and Kevyn is being stubborn.

For realz though... I could see Jokijarju getting traded.

Joki in a legit hockey trade would be interesting.

Please, please for a forward with a mean streak.

• Agree 2

Jokiharju, Rosén and a 2nd to Calgary for Tanev if he is willing to sign for two years at reasonable cap hit.

I can see us moving on from Krebs. McLeod from Devils is high on my wishlist.

And I think Sabres should be buyers, not sellers.

Edited by SabreFinn
  • dislike 3

Nothing is really jumping out as me as anyone I likely see gone.  Really nothing. Maybe, MAYBE someone like EJ tells Adams he'd be open to be traded to a contender (as he doesn't really have ties to Buffalo/Sabres) so you flip him for a 3rd or 4th...but I can't see much else when I look at this roster and how the management handles it.

37 minutes ago, SabreFinn said:

Jokiharju, Rosén and a 2nd to Calgary for Tanev if he is willing to sign for two years at reasonable cap hit.

You want to trade all that for a player that is 34 and has only played 700+ games out of 1,000 + games .

Guy has played 1 full season 1 time in 13 years 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You want to trade all that for a player that is 34 and has only played 700+ games out of 1,000 + games .

Guy has played 1 full season 1 time in 13 years 

Yes, I believe I do. Tanev is not afraid to block a shot and plays hard. By trading one of the longtime core players you show that no one is safe if they can't play well. Rosén will not have a spot on the team. And I believe that is the price to pay if we want to take him in front of other teams, to show that we are serious.

6 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Greenway and skinner

Respectfully, Greenway was targeted by Adams, so I don't think that they will trade him so soon.  Skinner's contact is fine (I still may be the only one saying this) and he is one of the few pure goal scorers the Sabres have.  I don't think he will be traded and I would be upset if he was.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Adams keeps saying on WGR that he believes this will all work itself out, the man is completely clueless imo. Something is clearly not right when your entire roster aside from 2 players has regressed. He won't do a thing but if he was smart (hockey smart) which he doesn't appear to be then he'd trade Mittlestadt for a top 4 defensemen because there is no way in hell I'm giving that guy another 7+M contract for what he brings, he's a solid complimentary player but his value is never going to be higher than right now and if we truly want a top 4 Dman I think he's the player who can help get us 1, if it takes a Savoie or our 1st to help bring said player here then you throw that in as well depending on the player but Adams refusues to give up picks and prospects or mess with this core of players in general so it will be more of the same until this staff is let go unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Fantasy scenario:

1) Adams finds a team to take Skinner and his contract.

2) Adams hires his buddy Brindamour since Carolina’s owner doesn’t want to pay him fair value.

**Dont ruin this for me by saying it will never happen😁

It will never.........not happen? 😜 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be interested to watch the reactions here when players are moved or not.

Now that Olofsson is UFA and the team has other players capable of slapping a puck into the net on the PP, I could see him leaving via the deadline this season.

Comrie could go (not likely) simply because teams have injury needs and he is also becoming a UFA so teams can get out at the end of the year. 

Robinson (I wouldn't), or EJ (if he wants to go) will be UFAs so could be traded. 

In a surprise move I could see Rosen, Joki, Krebs or Ryan Johnson being moved. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.