Eric Comrie clears Waivers; Assigned to Rochester

Brawndo

16 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

As someone who lives in Toronto and watches all his games, no you are not confident he can rebound. He has been downright awful. Worse than the 3 goalies the Sabres have. Washington punted him for a reason and now the Leafs do too. If you want awful goaltending then keep Comrie and save the money.

He’s not a terrible goalie as far as skills go, but he is a good example of a head case. I don’t think Buffalo will do any better from a sports psychology perspective than Toronto was doing except maybe if you bring him in, send Levi to Rochester, and tell Samsonov how confident you are in him and basically try to fix his psyche (no idea how that actually works). Then you have to give him 15 of the next 20 starts to try and get the ball rolling… which completely kills any chance of the playoffs and only might get Samsonov in a mental place to play next season—after his contract expires.

13 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Claim him and send Levi down. 

Friedman reported there is differing opinions in the Sabres Front Office on whether Levi should be in the NHL or AHL this season. 
Marek followed up by saying that sending Levi down would show a shift in organizational thinking. 
Let Him develop in AHL where he belongs. 
Have UPL and Samsonov in Buffalo and if the latter continues on His present trajectory bring Comrie back up 

Would love to know what is going on and who thinks what in the Sabres FO. 

Levi should have started in the AHL, and a NHL goalie should have been brought in before camp started, and the only off season work was who is #2 between Comrie or UPL.  

Adams loves his prospects and he wanted to see Levi stick to justify him not locking up Ullmark, and all his "blocker theory" garbage.  

We wasted much of the off season and the preseason looking at 3 goalies and splitting hairs.  Meanwhile the team was not ready to start the season. 

Even if Levi was better than UPL/Comrie, which he clearly is, he was not ready to be a 1 in the NHL and that is the folly of this entire situation.  He should be playing and developing as a #1 in the next level up from NCAA - the AHL.   

This is not that hard.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Eric Comrie clears Waivers
21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Samsonov is atrocious and thankfully Adams isn't stupid enough to add him. 

It's not about ability or intelligence.

Claiming Samsonov and his $3.5M salary doesn't fit with the EEE Model of Sabres operations. $3.5M? You should be able to sign 3 goalies for that much.

• Brawndo changed the title to Eric Comrie clears Waivers; Assigned to Rochester

“Friedman reported there is differing opinions in the Sabres Front Office on whether Levi should be in the NHL or AHL this season.”

I have a feeling there are differing opinions on a lot of issues in that FO.

The pro scouting has been whiffing left and right on talent. 

They have been unable to to identify a successful system to play. It is failing miserably at both the NHL and AHL level.

Bringing Appert up to coach because the rest of the staff aren’t capable of doing it is such an indictment of the coaching staff.

Its a mess too to bottom in this organization.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So there's like 7 million of wasted assets in Rochester that the entirety of Sabrespace said to move this past offseason?

Yep.  All players that you, me and nearly everyone here said should be gone this off-season.  If we know they aren’t good enough, how come Adams didn’t know? 

I want stability in the Sabres front office, but Adams continues to prove he has no idea what he is doing.  He needs to be replaced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yep.  All players that you, me and nearly everyone here said should be gone this off-season.  If we know they aren’t good enough, how come Adams didn’t know? 

I want stability in the Sabres front office, but Adams continues to prove he has no idea what he is doing.  He needs to be replaced.

I think that KA tried to upgrade those players and could not find a trade partner.  Nor was a UFA willing to sign.

Either way what does it matter to have $7 million cap stuck in Rochester.  They needed to have the bodies and to spend enough to be above the cap floor.  Sure larger contracts kicked in this season, but still ... bodies were needed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

43 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I think that KA tried to upgrade those players and could not find a trade partner.  Nor was a UFA willing to sign.

Either way what does it matter to have $7 million cap stuck in Rochester.  They needed to have the bodies and to spend enough to be above the cap floor.  Sure larger contracts kicked in this season, but still ... bodies were needed.

Bodies were needed, better ones. Ones that wouldn't be waived and literally ignored by the entire NHL. It matters because Kevyn Adams ***** failed on a grand scale to deal with this offseason and now 3 of the guys he just had to keep around, have all been waived. This has nothing to do with the cap floor. So sure bodies were needed but clearly these ones werent as they have all easily been replaced without any fuss at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Bodies were needed, better ones. Ones that wouldn't be waived and literally ignored by the entire NHL. It matters because Kevyn Adams ***** failed on a grand scale to deal with this offseason and now 3 of the guys he just had to keep around, have all been waived. This has nothing to do with the cap floor. So sure bodies were needed but clearly these ones werent as they have all easily been replaced without any fuss at all. 

Remember when KA looked everyone in the eye preseason and told us he thought goaltending was one of the strengths of this team?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Derrico said:

Paging @Thorny to the courtesy desk.

“We have no room for Connor Hellebuyck” 

4 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I highly doubt anyone is worse than Comrie.

But don’t forget: his early numbers were comparable to Hasek 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 12/31/2023 at 3:09 PM, Carmel Corn said:

Maybe Pegula will finally realize that Adams is wasting his money and make a change....I know, wishful thinking.

Live look-in...'Pegula Cam':

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

2 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Not to pick on you personally but lots of people are always saying things like this but where's the evidence? Where's the evidence of all the failed attempts? We have nothing. There is no reason to give him the benefit of a doubt and assume he has done anything of the sort at all. 

Sure he might have made a few phone calls but for all we know every trade he's tried he sticks to ridiculous asks and other teams just laugh at him and say thanks but no thanks. 

I told you guys at the start of the year that Comrie would easily clear waivers. All these people saying "oh no he will be claimed" not a chance. These guys are all crap and nobody wants them, especially at the price of their contracts like Jost. Nobody wants a 2 million fringe player. Olofsson's garbage too. I remember people saying we should get a 2nd, even a first. Just ridiculous. If you can't make the starting line up for a garbage team like Buffalo, trust me, nobody wants you. 

The only guys who get picked up are role players like Ottawa snapped up McEwen (who scored against us even) but we don't have any of those so nothing to worry about. 

"bodies were needed" Yup. It is a graveyard after all. Buffalo, where careers go to die. 

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Remember when KA looked everyone in the eye preseason and told us he thought goaltending was one of the strengths of this team?

I saw Darcy's reflection staring back at me and whispering, "It may require some suffering."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.