Eric Comrie clears Waivers; Assigned to Rochester

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not to pick on you personally but lots of people are always saying things like this but where's the evidence? Where's the evidence of all the failed attempts? We have nothing. There is no reason to give him the benefit of a doubt and assume he has done anything of the sort at all. 

Sure he might have made a few phone calls but for all we know every trade he's tried he sticks to ridiculous asks and other teams just laugh at him and say thanks but no thanks. 

I told you guys at the start of the year that Comrie would easily clear waivers. All these people saying "oh no he will be claimed" not a chance. These guys are all crap and nobody wants them, especially at the price of their contracts like Jost. Nobody wants a 2 million fringe player. Olofsson's garbage too. I remember people saying we should get a 2nd, even a first. Just ridiculous. If you can't make the starting line up for a garbage team like Buffalo, trust me, nobody wants you. 

The only guys who get picked up are role players like Ottawa snapped up McEwen (who scored against us even) but we don't have any of those so nothing to worry about. 

"bodies were needed" Yup. It is a graveyard after all. Buffalo, where careers go to die. 

Personally, take him at his word that he tried to make moves but was rebuffed.  We KNOW he made a trade for Murray.  It was widely reported that he made a legit offer for Chychrun and it could very well have been better than the offer the Otters made but the Yotes had a bee in their bonnet for getting "their guys" poached at the draft.  Believe the reports that he was in on Pesce are also legit.

But, this is a bottom line business, and his inability to get a big deal done since the Eichel deal was consumated but having tried is NOT a selling point in his favor.

He needs to adapt from the failed attempts and succeed next time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Personally, take him at his word that he tried to make moves but was rebuffed.  We KNOW he made a trade for Murray.  It was widely reported that he made a legit offer for Chychrun and it could very well have been better than the offer the Otters made but the Yotes had a bee in their bonnet for getting "their guys" poached at the draft.  Believe the reports that he was in on Pesce are also legit.

But, this is a bottom line business, and his inability to get a big deal done since the Eichel deal was consumated but having tried is NOT a selling point in his favor.

He needs to adapt from the failed attempts and succeed next time.

Well that's it though right? No points for "trying" in the NHL. He didn't make the deal(s) so he failed. I see other things from other GMs that have succeeded so you measure it against the average maybe and if you're below that you should be fired as you have failed.

I saw Casey DeSmith was playing goal for Vancouver the other night against Philly. Apparently he's been good there and Vancouver is good. Didn't Montreal get him basically free from Pittsburgh as a salary dump and then they flipped him to Vancouver? There's GMs doing their jobs. There are LOTS of examples of moves better than those made by KA. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well that's it though right? No points for "trying" in the NHL. He didn't make the deal(s) so he failed. I see other things from other GMs that have succeeded so you measure it against the average maybe and if you're below that you should be fired as you have failed.

I saw Casey DeSmith was playing goal for Vancouver the other night against Philly. Apparently he's been good there and Vancouver is good. Didn't Montreal get him basically free from Pittsburgh as a salary dump and then they flipped him to Vancouver? There's GMs doing their jobs. There are LOTS of examples of moves better than those made by KA. 

Vancouver and Winnipeg are great examples of teams that declined the 10-year KA build plan and instead elected to use their resources to attempt to remain competitive: seems to have worked. And winnipeg faces the same FA issues we do 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Derrico said:

Remember when KA looked everyone in the eye preseason and told us he thought goaltending was one of the strengths of this team?

Yea and we all said only if Levi actually is a Calder level goalie from the start. Adams failed. He's not aggressive enough and he certainly isn't ruthless enough with his entire reliance of vibes. We're picking top 10 and probably top 5 because I don't believe Granato will be fired mid season or any of his lackluster assistants. Seasons over kids, record 13 years and counting and the front office to the players to the legacy media kissases don't get that the fanbase is done. I hope Terry sells the team and idc anymore if they move. I could have ran this franchise better in the last 13 years and I'm an idiot on the internet. 

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

Vancouver and Winnipeg are great examples of teams that declined the 10-year KA build plan and instead elected to use their resources to attempt to remain competitive: seems to have worked. And winnipeg faces the same FA issues we do 

I’ve been pretty critical of Adams for how his decisions have, in my view, contributed to this season being derailed. I see no need to be hyperbolic though. His isn’t a 10 year plan. He did not have the option of making moves to try and “remain” competitive. The team had not been competitive for a decade. 

4 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

I’ve been pretty critical of Adams for how his decisions have, in my view, contributed to this season being derailed. I see no need to be hyperbolic though. His isn’t a 10 year plan. He did not have the option of making moves to try and “remain” competitive. The team had not been competitive for a decade. 

Sorry - 15 year plan 

my mistake 

4 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

Canucks fans were crying for a long form rebuild in 2021 coming off a 24th place finish - especially after the fact they’d finished 23rd or worse in 5 of the last 6 seasons including that one. Including finishes of 29th, 28th, and 26th. They were bad. And got better without the mentioned long form build - I meant the strategy retained a competitiveness relative to the one we  employed, that swore of winning for years in the name of evaluation years that ended up getting us lapped by teams going the quicker route. Not that the teams were competitive and remained competitive all along the way

Edited by Thorny

42 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sorry - 15 year plan 

my mistake 

Reasonable people would say we are in year 3 of the Adams/Granato plan.  Maybe we are approaching the end of year 3, if you consider that Granato's 3rd anniversary as head coach is coming up March 17th.  Prior to this season, the trajectory was positive.  This season has thus far been a setback. My opinion, based on how the team has played for 2.5 months, is that there is little hope for a turnaround this season.  We will see if Adams makes moves that reflect a belief that a change in approach is needed or if he will stay with a "trust the process" approach. I think Adams is kidding himself if he thinks the 9 years that preceded his arrival should have no influence on how he manages the team.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.