Eric Comrie clears Waivers; Assigned to Rochester

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Place Eric Comrie on Waivers

When he was signed I really hoped he was one of those backups who put in his time and was just needed his opportunity to take the crease. That did not appear to be the case and each time I saw an interview with him the more I disliked him. It always felt like he responded with generic PR garbage speech and you could see he was lying in his eyes.

And this is exactly gow I expected it to go down when preseason was wrapping up.  We’d run a 3 headed monster until the first of either, 1 goalie claims the starting roll, or the lineup got healthy enough to require it.

We hit the second one first.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Maybe Pegula will finally realize that Adams is wasting his money and make a change....I know, wishful thinking.

More likely Adams gets to spin this and say "see, these moves prove that the best way is to just draft our own players. If we bring players in they disappoint. Our plan is better." 

Seriously, wait for it. 

• Agree 1

Comrie should never even have been in the line-up this season. I hoped they had signed a veteran to go with UPL and given Levi time and space to develop into a longtime NHL goalie with a winning season in AHL first. In Finland when talking about goalie development every discussion turns to how Pekka Rinne was the mentor for Saros. And that is what we need in Buffalo now, and as the situation has developed UPL is the one that has to be traded to get there.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

So now how much in 1-way contracts will be in Rochester?  Imagine that being spent on the big club.

They're still $11MM under the cap.  Having those guys on the roster in Buffalo or Ra-cha-cha didn't prevent them from signing anybody they might've wanted to sign.  

Heck, they start worrying about the cap floor if they don't have those guys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Toronto grabbed Comrie regardless.  They have nothing to lose.

They're seriously tight against the cap.  Would be surprised if they wanted to grab Comrie.  

Guessing that Woll is ready to come off IR, so TO made that move.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.