GDT: Sabres @ Arizona - Sat. 9 pm ET, Dec 16, 2023, MSG-B, SCRIPPS 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

19 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Who's in goal tonight?

Sabres goalie splits in December:

Levi       3-0-1   .942sv%   1.71 GAA
UPL       0-2      .879sv%    3.57 GAA
Comrie  0-2      .841sv%    5.08 GAA

Why is comrie even on the team at this point. There is no way having three goalies is more beneficial than two.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

Why is comrie even on the team at this point. There is no way having three goalies is more beneficial than two.

Is it because at present with all the F injuries and with 8 D already up on the roster there is no compelling reason to have 1 less goalie on the team (practice time not being compelling IMHO, YMMV) and the last time they solved the 3 headed monster issue the team went 0-4-0?

Should the team get healthy, the 3 headed monster goes away.  But right now there is nobody on the farm that would get into the lineup over the 12 F's that are healthy (maybe somebody would play instead of Murray, but it's easy enough to send him down if they want to not play him here, they don't need to heathy scratch him) and nobody is going to carry 9 healthy D.

3 minutes ago, lowsabre said:

We've taken down top teams thrice now, let's now take the next step and win twice in a row 🙏

I have a good feeling about this one.

I mean, it would be hard to go through a season without that happening at least a few times. I think they should try it

Edited by Dr. Who

25 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Watching this afternoon. 

That penalty on Murray was particularly bad considering he crashed into the boards in the offensive end immediatley prior, failing to play a puck that shouldhave been his easily. 

Next! Send someone else.

20 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Cozens wow.

Nice sequence for him on his goal.

I hope that gets him going. 

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

• Haha (+1) 1

"I talked to Matty Ellis this morning. He said I should get out of his hotel room because it's 3:30am. I went to his room to get in the corners and play a hard game. He put up a strong defensive effort and stopped me at the point of attack. Just like the powerplay he runs, I was unable to score."

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Uupie was just off an illness. Might not have been 100%.

The whole team played like they were just off an illness in Colorado.  Maybe the altitude change, I don't know.  But they all sucked against the Avs.  They owe UPL a better effort tonight.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Is it because at present with all the F injuries and with 8 D already up on the roster there is no compelling reason to have 1 less goalie on the team (practice time not being compelling IMHO, YMMV) and the last time they solved the 3 headed monster issue the team went 0-4-0?

Should the team get healthy, the 3 headed monster goes away.  But right now there is nobody on the farm that would get into the lineup over the 12 F's that are healthy (maybe somebody would play instead of Murray, but it's easy enough to send him down if they want to not play him here, they don't need to heathy scratch him) and nobody is going to carry 9 healthy D.

Just as a side note, not really specifically relevant to the point you are making, but: 

I dunno, if this isn’t considered healthy, health is merely an abstract concept..we are pretty healthy overall now. Expecting better than current would require above average injury luck. “No injuries” isn’t really the goal.

Length of our list par for the course, here:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries

10 teams have more, 10 teams have less, 11 teams have the same. And we only have 3 guys out relative to the roster we willingly entered into the season with.

The list was a bit longer at other times (as with other teams) but as it stands now is a status you take and run with if given the option

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Just as a side note, not really specifically relevant to the point you are making, but: 

I dunno, if this isn’t considered healthy, health is merely an abstract concept..we are pretty healthy overall now. Expecting better than current would require above average injury luck. “No injuries” isn’t really the goal.

we have one of the shorter lists here:

www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries 

Expected it was clear that by "being healthy" was meaning "fully healthy."  Something they literally have not been 1 single day this season.  Even getting "healthier" knocks the 3 headed monster out of commission.  

1st player back sends Murray back down.

2nd player back probably finally sends Bryson down.

3rd player back could result in the 3 headed monster going away but they could also go off the board and send down or trade a bottom 6er.

All 4 back and the 3 headed monster is dead.  Unless they decide to skip light speed altogether and go directly to ludicrous speed and send Benson back to the W.  (Shouldn't happen, pretty sure it won't happen, but sometimes this team does strange things.)

But, to your point, considering the youth of this team, expect they are hampered by injuries a bit more than they should be at F.  Would be really interesting to see what a prorated expected injury rate adjusting for age would be.

And, yes, they've been healthier than expected on the back line.  (Making up for last year's crazy amount of injuries there.)

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Expected it was clear that by "being healthy" was meaning "fully healthy."  Something they literally have not been 1 single day this season.  Even getting "healthier" knocks the 3 headed monster out of commission.  

1st player back sends Murray back down.

2nd player back probably finally sends Bryson down.

3rd player back could result in the 3 headed monster going away but they could also go off the board and send down or trade a bottom 6er.

All 4 back and the 3 headed monster is dead.  Unless they decide to skip light speed altogether and go directly to ludicrous speed and send Benson back to the W.  (Shouldn't happen, pretty sure it won't happen, but sometimes this team does strange things.)

But, to your point, considering the youth of this team, expect they are hampered by injuries a bit more than they should be at F.  Would be really interesting to see what a prorated expected injury rate adjusting for age would be.

And, yes, they've been healthier than expected on the back line.  (Making up for last year's crazy amount of injuries there.)

Ya so about average overall. Like I said, I don’t really expect a team to ever be fully healthy, one game or no

There will always be someone on the injury report. The link I posted demonstrates that 

0/32 teams have zero

1/32 teams have one

31/32 teams have multiple players listed 

Edited by Thorny

A win today would be noteworthy, being only our second 2 game win streak of the season

A win today AND the next game would finally spark some genuine curiosity in a season that seemed likely lost

A win today, the next game, and then beating the Leafs..

curiosity GIF

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

A win today would be noteworthy, being only our second 2 game win streak of the season

A win today AND the next game would finally spark some genuine curiosity in a season that seemed likely lost

A win today, the next game, and then beating the Leafs..

curiosity GIF

Yes but pls don't jinx it you hoser.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.