GDT Red Wings @ Sabres Tuesday Dec 5th 7:30 pm ET ESPN+ / HULU

Spoonman

Another day and another loss nothing new with the Buffalo Sabres. Beating the Detroit Red Wings are the type of teams you need to beat if you want to make the playoffs. Look how Detroit rebuilt and look at Buffalo? It’s obviously not working in Buffalo with Don Granato he needs to be fired. Starting Eric Comrie over Devon Levi who is the Sabres future is insanity. I would rather lose with the future of the Sabres with Levi than a never was in Comrie a Winnipeg Jets castoff in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Sabres Super Fan
  • Agree 2

Detroit just showed us a master class of a proper rebuild. Timely FA signings mixed in with youth. Excellent drafting and getting the goaltending right. Even Arizona has leap frogged us. Meanwhile we are 2 points from the basement of the conference and a bottom 5 team. Rookie GM and rookie coach sending out a mostly all rookie team. It’s insanity. We all see it but the people who count don’t. 

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah, that doesn't guarantee much. I didn't have a problem with starting putting Comrie out there for faceoffs.

Yeah, it does.  If the 5-on-5 scrum knows there's a guy back, the Sabres can pressure the dump out, knowing that there's someone back to recover the puck... it doesn't have to be a goalie.

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Detroit just showed us a master class of a proper rebuild.

That just makes me so sad.

Just now, Doohickie said:

Yeah, it does.  If the 5-on-5 scrum knows there's a guy back, the Sabres can pressure the dump out, knowing that there's someone back to recover the puck... it doesn't have to be a goalie.

That just makes me so sad.

It’s frustrating as well. The fanbase is trapped in a dysfunctional relationship lol. 

• Agree 2

My new LG TV apparently doesn't have the option to download Espn app on it, so I put it on in the bedroom, have Espn + on the firestick.. I maybe walked in 3 times during the course of the game chuckled, maybe watched for a minute and walked out. No thank you to this team. 

They don't seem to play for each other, they sure as hell don't play for the fans and City of Buffalo. These guys play like they're in Beverly Hills or the Napa Valley, whatever the culture is there, it isn't the hockey I know and love. 

These guys are making me not enjoy a sport that I have been watching since I had to adjust the tracking on the television. 

Something is very very wrong. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My new LG TV apparently doesn't have the option to download Espn app on it, so I put it on in the bedroom, have Espn + on the firestick.. I maybe walked in 3 times during the course of the game chuckled, maybe watched for a minute and walked out. No thank you to this team. 

They don't seem to play for each other, they sure as hell don't play for the fans and City of Buffalo. These guys play like they're in Beverly Hills or the Napa Valley, whatever the culture is there, it isn't the hockey I know and love. 

These guys are making me not enjoy a sport that I have been watching since I had to adjust the tracking on the television. 

I want to be mad at you for this post.

But I just can't be.

This team is broken.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Fyi:  https://www.lg.com/us/press-release/espn-app-including-espn-now-available-on-lg-smart-tvs

You may need a firmware update or say screw it and get a roku.  (I recently put a roku on a firestick TV).

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

But I just can't be.

This team is broken.

As much as I bitch and complain about KA and his process, I’m not sure the team is broken (yet).  They actually came back tonight when this could have easily been a 7-1 type game.  KA/DG’s time to fix this mess is running out.  Sadly, if he doesn’t fix the goaltending nothing else matters.  The team can’t win with UPL/Comrie/Levi.  

I hate to say this, but KA must make a move and soon to show the team and the fans that this season is salvageable even if he overpays.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

As much as I bitch and complain about KA and his process, I’m not sure the team is broken (yet).  They actually came back tonight when this could have easily been a 7-1 type game.  KA/DG’s time to fix this mess is running out.  Sadly, if he doesn’t fix the goaltending nothing else matters.  The team can’t win with UPL/Comrie/Levi.  

I hate to say this, but KA must make a move and soon to show the team and the fans that this season is salvageable even if he overpays.  

I think UPL/Levi could be a future duo, but not a present one.  It should be UPL + A Real Goalie and let Levi marinate in Rochester.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

My daughter was visiting tonight so I just finished watching this on replay long after I imagine most of you Buffalonians had already gone to bed. I browsed the thread here and I am laughing at some of the picky things some of you are arguing over, as if they'd make a difference. Some of you think this was a comeback attempt as well, but I saw it more as a case of the Sabres lulling them to sleep as it came so damn easy in the first half of the game. They barely had to break a sweat to go up 4-0 and then they just coasted until they tried to wake up at the end in an "oh crap" kind of way. 

Sabres are garbage. Just pure and utter garbage through and through. Getting worse, not better. 

Very interesting and telling stat they put up - Sabres are the bottom of the league in shots with net front presence.  Sure enough, 6 on 4 at the end with a desperation situation and still almost no net front presence. Says it all right there. You watch other teams and they are hacking and whacking at the goalies trying everything in that situation and there we are skating around the perimeter. At one point we had 4 forwards all on the same side of the ice and they still kept it on the perimeter. Just insanely bad and SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lastly, I don't care where he was drafted, but Owen Power should be in Rochester and on a massive strength and weight program. He has a big frame but he is a child. He is knocked off the puck easily and he cannot move anyone in front. He is, at times, completely useless and a total liability. He should not have been given the contract he was given. He MAY be good one day, he MAY be great even, but right now he is garbage. 

Listening to Granato in his bench interview he is either clueless or a liar. More likely the latter, but possibly the former. 

Season's over. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.