GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes: November 7, 2023 @ 7:00PM, MSG-B, BSSO

SABRES 0311

• SABRES 0311 changed the title to GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes: November 7, 2023 @ 7:00PM, MSG-B, BSSO
  • spndnchz pinned this topic

This is a tough matchup for Buffalo. Carolina likes to really work pucks into HD areas and employs a strong forecheck. Buffalo likes to get rush chances and relies on their shooting to makeup for their lack of HD generation. I think if Buffalo plays a simplified game and has their legs working early they can win but this is a challenge for them. Find a way. 

• Like (+1) 1

All I gotta say

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Sabres play better in these games then they do against lower or middling teams. 

Mostly to do with they play very well on the road and terrible at home.  Regardless of the team.

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This is a tough matchup for Buffalo. Carolina likes to really work pucks into HD areas and employs a strong forecheck. Buffalo likes to get rush chances and relies on their shooting to makeup for their lack of HD generation. I think if Buffalo plays a simplified game and has their legs working early they can win but this is a challenge for them. Find a way. 

It's a road game, they will play well like they always do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

All I gotta say

Mostly to do with they play very well on the road and terrible at home.  Regardless of the team.

It's a road game, they will play well like they always do.

For a sec, I thought it was the inexcusable “Rock you like a Hurricane” intro the Sabres used during THEIR STANLEY CUP PLAYOFF SERIES with the Hurricanes.  Just a faux pas of epic proportions.  

1 minute ago, inkman said:

For a sec, I thought it was the inexcusable “Rock you like a Hurricane” intro the Sabres used during THEIR STANLEY CUP PLAYOFF SERIES with the Hurricanes.  Just a faux pas of epic proportions.  

You dance with who brung you.

What the heck is BSSO?

Sabre Spacers - when setting up GDT, would you please include whether the game is on ESPN+, TNT, etc....  I would love to get MSG but many / most(?) of us are not local anymore, and we are in the days of streaming services. I say this to be a total PITA. 

So I guess my expectation is that you look at EVERY Sport Streaming service each time you are setting up a GDT and show every possible / feasible streaming option in North America and for @Huckleberry in Europe. Anyone else out there need other international access information? 

Not too much to ask, I don't think. 😜

13 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Bally Sports SOuth I'd wager.

Bally uses 4-letter designations for their various markets.  I'm in the BSSW (southwest) market.

You do market in BS.

I'll be here all week!

I'm not sure we've ever listed the enemy TV outlet. It's a bold move by the OP.

This is a Canes team that hasn’t found its usual game. They are 5-5 in their last 10 games.

The Sabres need to bring their A game and get a couple of quick ones on the Canes’ goaltending.

Dahlin with a statement game, 1G 2A.

Oh, and I want to see someone jab that cocky smirk off of Kotkaniemi’s face. Maybe EJ can go Uncle Buck on him and throw him a quarter to find a rat to knaw the mole off of his face.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Sabre Spacers - when setting up GDT, would you please include whether the game is on ESPN+, TNT, etc....  I would love to get MSG but many / most(?) of us are not local anymore, and we are in the days of streaming services. I say this to be a total PITA. 

So I guess my expectation is that you look at EVERY Sport Streaming service each time you are setting up a GDT and show every possible / feasible streaming option in North America and for @Huckleberry in Europe. Anyone else out there need other international access information? 

For my country besides Ilegal streams I have no access, even NHL network blacks out my country for some strange reason.

If the Sabres can ever figure out how to beat Carolina and Boston they might have something. Tonight would be a good start.  At least last they've finally been able to gets some points from the Florida teams the past couple years.  That was another problem.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

If it's NHLN or TNT or ESPN+ exclusive, that should be in the thread title.  But if it's just a normal MSG-B game and no other network, those are on ESPN+.  The NHL website denotes them as follows.  If it's on one of the "special" networks then that should be in the title (as shown on the NHL website).  But if it's just a normal local sports net broadcast, the assumption is it will be on ESPN+.

Normal game (on MSG in home market, ESPN+ out of market, unless viewer lives in opponent's local market, then have to watch on enemy's market sports net):

image.png.ac7273859709a7ae98f7fc2f933aa3ed.png

TNT Exclusive game (on TNT/Max only, both in home market and out of market):

image.png.80bedd3a085b4de7a668b67a1f5b075b.png

ESPN+ Exclusive game (on ESPN+ only, both in home market and out of market):

image.png.8ccf1525d8f4fe35be280f8141ccc6b7.png

NHL Network game (on MSG in home market, NHLN out of market):

image.png.9f404d604b038d6d8bcc5f5d5ba5bca1.png

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.