GDT: Sabres @ Maple Leafs: November4, 2023 @ 7:00PM, NHL Network, MSG-B, and NBCS-PH

SABRES 0311

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Formula for beating leafs should be easy.   Hang on when Matthews is on the ice.   Dominate the rest of it 

Ill say it now, there is NO REASON the Sabres can’t finish ahead of the leafs this season

The reason is the Sabres are terrible at home. Until they figure that out I find it hard to believe they can win enough road games to make up for their home incompetence.

With that being said they are an elite road team. Why they can't play at home I have no idea...almost like they get too nervous because they want to make the fans happy and don't pay attention to any details.

Edited by Big Guava
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Ok, you sold me NS. I'm all in....

Tage and Tuch with a pair each.

Sabres 6 Laughs 2

GO SABRES!!!

6 - 2, 6 - 4, tomato - tomatoe

Tage, you need to pot 2 when I say your going to pot 2.

And these guys need to be pressing Mathews tight all game. He should be smelling fromunda cheese all night.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Fixed the short term trajectory, 3-5 to 6-6 means we won 3 of the last 4. 

The Flyers in your building should be about a 3/10 on the adversity scale, and the Sabres melted down. The Leafs continuing to punch you in the mouth in their building should be about 9.5/10 on the adversity scale - for whatever their problems are in the playoffs, Toronto is an absolute terror to play in the regular season, they skate as fast and shoot as hard as anyone - and the Sabres just chuckled and punched right back. It's maddening because the team that came tonight is the team we hope can win 50 games. They HAVE to figure out how to do this at home! 

Nobody played poorly, every Toronto goal did absolutely nothing to change the way our guys played, they were confident every shift. I know part of it is that Toronto can't play as heavy as teams like the Flyers, but there has to be more to it.

Tage is a blessing, an incredible player. Mitts is dangerous every time he steps on the ice. I didn't see much of Ryan Johnson but he made a few calm, heady plays under heavy pressure and of course that pass... vintage Tuch on the ENG

We've beaten Carolina each of the past two seasons now, after going many years between wins. Bring this effort to that game and you can take those points too.

We are 3-0 when Bryson plays and 3-6 when he doesn't

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Absolutely like how they kept pushing the offense until the final horn. Even after going up by two they still looked to score. 

I never agreed with a team backing off so as not to embarrass an opponent. You should always look to destroy, demoralize, and embarrass them and their fans.

Mountain Dew GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

Some quick thoughts. It has to be remembered that this intensely played game by the Sabres was the second game on a back to back. It's aggravating that this team struggles to play a similar tough brand of two-way hockey at home. 

Levi is our #1 goalie. He kept us in the game against a potent Toronto team. 

JJ is getting better and better. I thought he played really well. Mitts also played well. 

I thought the key play for us was Tage scoring a short-handed goal. 

It seemed that every time Toronto scored, we quickly came back and answered with a goal. 

I don't think that Ryan Johnson got a lot of minutes but he was effective. He kept it simple. He's young but he has a mature game. I like him a lot. The pass of the game was his release pass to Skinner who scored.

How can you not be happy for Tuch. He's a good player and a tough player. 

In general, great effort with the players playing for one another. 

The Philly loss in front of the home fans still rankles me. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Fixed the short term trajectory, 3-5 to 6-6 means we won 3 of the last 4. 

The Flyers in your building should be about a 3/10 on the adversity scale, and the Sabres melted down. The Leafs continuing to punch you in the mouth in their building should be about 9.5/10 on the adversity scale - for whatever their problems are in the playoffs, Toronto is an absolute terror to play in the regular season, they skate as fast and shoot as hard as anyone - and the Sabres just chuckled and punched right back. It's maddening because the team that came tonight is the team we hope can win 50 games. They HAVE to figure out how to do this at home! 

Nobody played poorly, every Toronto goal did absolutely nothing to change the way our guys played, they were confident every shift. I know part of it is that Toronto can't play as heavy as teams like the Flyers, but there has to be more to it.

Tage is a blessing, an incredible player. Mitts is dangerous every time he steps on the ice. I didn't see much of Ryan Johnson but he made a few calm, heady plays under heavy pressure and of course that pass... vintage Tuch on the ENG

We've beaten Carolina each of the past two seasons now, after going many years between wins. Bring this effort to that game and you can take those points too.

We are 3-0 when Bryson plays and 3-6 when he doesn't

Good stuff here.  Not sure about Bryson though.  I watched the last 10:30 of 5he game and don’t recall seeing him.  

The Sabres did not look tired either and they shortened their bench.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.