GDT: Islanders @ Sabres, Oct. 21, 2023 - 7pm EDT, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

The kids love wearing the goatheads!

I don’t know if the line juggling will be effective but something needed to be done. There is too much talent in this lineup to not turn this around.

I want to see Comrie instead of UPL.

Mitts will get Tuch going tonight but the Jost line will be dragged down by you know who. He needs to get a PP goal and start a VO streak.

Let’s go Buffalo.

No excuse tonight eh? The Isles played a heck of a game last night vs Jersey and it went to OT.  You can’t tell me Buffalo won’t be the fresher club.  The Sabres need to stop thinking and start dominating. The best defense will be to possess the puck and keep it in the offensive zone. 

I’d also rather see Comrie over UPL.  I don’t really trust either but I think Comrie has a good mental side to him and doesn’t get rattled. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Sabres need to stop thinking and start dominating. The best defense will be to possess the puck and keep it in the offensive zone. 

That is what they did last year. Their team defense wasn’t good but by having the puck for the majority of the time they outscored the opposition.

They don’t need a complete 180 to become a defensive machine, just own the puck and battle hard to get it back.

I want them to be better defensively by improving their positioning, attention to detail and competing for pucks. I don’t want to see them becoming a trap team.

• Like (+1) 3

I like the first two lines as much as I hate the third one. Interesting juggle. I've gone away from obsessing over line combos as part of what interests me in hockey. 

My wife and I will be there. I haven't seen a buffalo sports team lose in person since 2018 or 19, we are into a double digit win streak at this point 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Erik Johnson is right. They need to take what's given. They also need to skate harder and battle harder. 

Here are the practice lines from yesterday:

Peterka being demoted here is a mistake imo but the team needs Quinn back badly. 

Benson?.... Benson?....

Ferris Bueller Movie GIF

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Sabres always scored six in the goat heads last year, so I’ll go 6-4 win   

Goatheads power!

He Man Account GIF

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I like the first two lines as much as I hate the third one. Interesting juggle. I've gone away from obsessing over line combos as part of what interests me in hockey. 

My wife and I will be there. I haven't seen a buffalo sports team lose in person since 2018 or 19, we are into a double digit win streak at this point 

Help us Randall Flagg, you are our only hope.

Carrie Fisher Movie GIF by Star Wars

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.