Would you replace Olofsson with Savoie?

LGR4GM

52 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

From the Athletic

“4. Kyle Okposo, Girgensons and Peyton Krebsformed one of the best defensive lines in the NHL late last season. Okposo and Girgensons were brought back for their ability to play a reliable and direct game as part of Buffalo’s fourth line. That line has leaked chances against in both games, though. On Saturday, the Islanders had more than 94 percent of the expected goals when that line was on the ice at five-on-five. In two games, that line has generated only one high-danger chance and allowed eight against at even strength.”

I have no idea what your heat map is showing but 8 to 1 in HDC against vs for is enough of an indication that they aren’t getting the job done so far.

You posted in a thread that began with a tweet of VO’s offensive zone heat map, has Cozens and Peterka’s Offensive Zone Heat Maps and then you brought up Krebs, KO and Zemgus. So I posted their offensive zone heat maps. 

Although the 4th Line has not been anywhere close to good enough through the first two games, VO has consistently been the same player who, checks notes was a healthy scratch during the playoff run. He is not good enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

In general I don’t disagree, but so far outside Mitts’ line, none have been good enough.

The difference is, the rest have proven to be capable in their roles last season so there is hope for them.   VO is the same as he ever was and should be the first one replaced. 

• Agree 1

This is a moment when you wish they had a couple gritty veterans to insert into the line up to shake things up but they don't have them so you go with rookies. I'd juggle both of the top two lines cause neither has been any good but Cozens line is terrible, agreed. 

This is also where the accountability issue comes in. We can and will bench VO I am sure but who else can we bench and how can we do it? We can't. We have nothing better to replace them. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

I think the time has come to pass the torch of the past years of Sabre playoff failures and remove players who were part of it.  I think it is time for Kyle Okposo and Zemgus Girgensons to ride into the sunset and open a couple of roster spots for others.  

This should have been done in the offseason. Instead KA gifted them 2.5m each.  

That being said, other players around the league are going to want to flock to Buffalo because they will see how they treat players here. /sarcasm off

20 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I would put VO in the top six. Hopefully he catches fire offensively. Then, try your damnedest to include him in the trade package for goaltending help. But maybe that’s just me.

According to almost everyone on this website, the JJP - Cozens - Olofsson line is the 2nd line and therefore he is in the top 6. I think the time to trade him is long past and teams know what he is now. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I would put VO in the top six. Hopefully he catches fire offensively. Then, try your damnedest to include him in the trade package for goaltending help. But maybe that’s just me.

Hope he catches fire offensively so we can trade him? This makes no sense. If he doesn't "catch fire", how many losses does it contribute to in the process? Forget about what he's worth in a trade; that ship sailed last year, if it was ever afloat. If he's not getting it done, put him in the press box or on waivers. We have no time for this! Twelve years and counting,...thirteen is inexcusable.

Edited by phil_soisson
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Umm what 

37221FBB-D046-4278-896D-CBDEB3F2F905.jpeg

At this point they need to jettison VO to save themselves from themselves. My biggest fear right now is that Adams is going to overvalue the guys all being buds and friends and forget that sometimes friends need to be sent away. 

Looking at this, I think that comes down to the lines getting more playing time over anything. Still, not great. 

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

At this point they need to jettison VO to save themselves from themselves. My biggest fear right now is that Adams is going to overvalue the guys all being buds and friends and forget that sometimes friends need to be sent away. 

Looking at this, I think that comes down to the lines getting more playing time over anything. Still, not great. 

Adams needs to trade Peña to the Tigers

Edited by Brawndo
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.