Would you replace Olofsson with Savoie?

LGR4GM

33 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I’m not a fancy stats guy but this does not bode well for VO. I have had him and Bryson as the fall guys for many of the team’s issues for a few years now. He brought down Mitts last year and now he’s doing it to Cozens.

I rely on my eyes that the guy doesn’t win any battles or seem to want to battle. Battling includes working hard with or without the puck. DG says he values “compete level” very highly.

DG benched him for a reason last year when the games mattered most and I suspect that his eye test was backed up by the in house analytics staff.

I wish Quinn was around, this problem would be easier to solve. I am willing to give anyone a shot on Cozens’ wing to see if the situation improves.

18 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I’m not a fancy stats guy but this does not bode well for VO. I have had him and Bryson as the fall guys for many of the team’s issues for a few years now. He brought down Mitts last year and now he’s doing it to Cozens.

I rely on my eyes that the guy doesn’t win any battles or seem to want to battle. Battling includes working hard with or without the puck. DG says he values “compete level” very highly.

DG benched him for a reason last year when the games mattered most and I suspect that his eye test was backed up by the in house analytics staff.

I wish Quinn was around, this problem would be easier to solve. I am willing to give anyone a shot on Cozens’ wing to see if the situation improves.

Another casualty of the 3 headed goalie monster.  They aren't going to go below 7 rostered D nor 13 rostered healthy F's.  Leaves Jost as the only option to put into the lineup without making a roster move that sends somebody down or somebody else to IR.

Guess they could move Krebs into Olofsson's role and Jost into Krebs' but they don't seem inclined to want to make that move.

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Another casualty of the 3 headed goalie monster.  They aren't going to go below 7 rostered D nor 13 rostered healthy F's.  Leaves Jost as the only option to put into the lineup without making a roster move that sends somebody down or somebody else to IR.

Guess they could move Krebs into Olofsson's role and Jost into Krebs' but they don't seem inclined to want to make that move.

Without the goalie issue, they could carry Biro or Rousek and try them on while VO sits. Those guys are better suited as wingers.

• Agree 1

Could we end up just waiving Victor and see what happens? I mean, it’s doubtful we recoup anything for him anyway. If he clears, down he goes, and up comes Kulich or Biro for example. Or is he still counting against the cap if in minors?

Edited by rickshaw

3 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Could we end up just waiving Victor and see what happens? I mean, it’s doubtful we recoup anything for him anyway. If he clears, down he goes, and up comes Kulich or Biro for example. Or is he still counting against the cap if in minors?

Most of his salary AAV would still count against the cap.  But it's not an issue as they are over $9MM under the cap currently.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Most of his salary AAV would still count against the cap.  But it's not an issue as they are over $9MM under the cap currently.

So then why not? I mean, they can keep trying to trade him if he clears. He’s got to go. It’s messing the numbers up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.