Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

18 hours ago, Norcal said:

McLellan is good enough for the next level since he usually gets his teams to the playoffs, should they choose. 

They'll just need an upgrade in 2-3.5 years if they want to compete for the cup. 

It was reported that McLellan was interviewed before the Krueger hire (along with Dave Tippett) and it was written that he told Pegula that Pegula's reputation around the league was as a man who lacked patience.  Somewhat interestingly, today the fan base largely thinks Pegula is being too patient.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

It was reported that McLellan was interviewed before the Krueger hire (along with Dave Tippett) and it was written that he told Pegula that Pegula's reputation around the league was as a man who lacked patience.  Somewhat interestingly, today the fan base largely thinks Pegula is being too patient.

He probably figured when they were stalled out in the first round a couple years in a row, he'd get sacked. 

Honestly I'd take playoffs and out over not making the playoffs year after year at this point.

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

Sabretooth with 3 assists!

At last year's ASG SC they also held the mascot hockey game after the broadcast was over.  It was the best part of the night.  The range of skills from some of them being barely able to skate to others being REALLY good at the hockey was surprising.  Expected they'd all have at least reasonable skill.  Sabretooth was solid last year.  The Eastern mascots won last year because Carlson was a brick wall.  Looks like both of those are still true this year.

Interestingly (or not) the Rags didn't have a mascot last year and Detroit's mascot is a giant octopus but it isn't a costume (or at least it wasn't), so at last year's game the Eastern Conference was down 2 skaters but still won going away.  Didn't pay close enough attention to see if those 2 finally got ones this year but didn't notice them if they were there.

No idea why they couldn't find a way to broadcast these games.  They're the best part of the AS weekend.

But how pathetic is it that they had to set up Carlton with a situation that even a Loaf in the 1st round of the playoffs couldn't have not scored on?  The game itself is entertaining enough.  They don't need to coddle the stinkin' Loaf employees and fans.  Pathetic.  Pathetic indeed.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Archie Lee said:

Pegula=moron

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

At last year's ASG SC they also held the mascot hockey game after the broadcast was over.  It was the best part of the night.  The range of skills from some of them being barely able to skate to others being REALLY good at the hockey was surprising.  Expected they'd all have at least reasonable skill.  Sabretooth was solid last year.  The Eastern mascots won last year because Carlson was a brick wall.  Looks like both of those are still true this year.

Interestingly (or not) the Rags didn't have a mascot last year and Detroit's mascot is a giant octopus but it isn't a costume (or at least it wasn't), so at last year's game the Eastern Conference was down 2 skaters but still won going away.  Didn't pay close enough attention to see if those 2 finally got ones this year but didn't notice them if they were there.

No idea why they couldn't find a way to broadcast these games.  They're the best part of the AS weekend.

But how pathetic is it that they had to set up Carlton with a situation that even a Loaf in the 1st round of the playoffs couldn't have not scored on?  The game itself is entertaining enough.  They don't need to coddle the stinkin' Loaf employees and fans.  Pathetic.  Pathetic indeed.

They used to do those mascot games in hockey east all the time. One of the schools had a mascot that didn’t wear one of the giant heads like all the rest. That guy always destroyed all of them in the game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SwampD said:

I always hated Nikita Kucherov.

After watching him tonight in the skills competition, I don't anymore. He's ***** awesome.

I wish he was a Sabre.

Loved it!
His commitment to not committing is as fascinating as it is entertaining. 

The fact that he's the league leading scorer just adds to the whole thing.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

What are you talking about?

There is no way that is true.

After Kucherov finishes they show the two of them and their faces both said they weren't exactly happy. Perturbed might be a bit extreme though, at minimum I do feel they were annoyed by something at that moment.

Now watching it back again they look bored with a hint of ugh. Effectively it looks like they were more annoyed they didn't get a show versus angry and Kucherov.

41 minutes ago, Weave said:

And you knew they were wasted while you were watching?  And had to answer questions from your grandkids because they knew too?

I call *****.

He said it at the press conference? So yeah ..

And when players blatantly say i'm so ***** wasted near someone with a mic .

2 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Loved it!

How is someone being a punk ass bitch entertaining?  Do you like wrestling?  You gotta be under 40.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

How is someone being a punk ass bitch entertaining?  Do you like wrestling?  You gotta be under 40.  

Imagine every year your company give every employee a paid week off, but if you’re a top earner you have to go have mandatory fun. Then imagine that every single year. There’s players that want to be there. Get them there instead.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Players drunk and people taking Mushrooms what's there to understand..

I had to turn it off Because my grandkids kept on asking questions.

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Fantastic! Now I like Micheal Buble even more, as well.

3 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Loved it!

Absolutely.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He said it at the press conference? So yeah ..

And when players blatantly say i'm so ***** wasted near someone with a mic .

I was saying I thought Kuch was wasted the whole time. But now if it turned out he was on mushrooms instead, I would believe it. I absolutely believe that the goalie who won $100K was on them. You just don’t get those pupils in a bright arena naturally. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

He was probably like,”Let me get this straight, the league consulted with McDavid to see how the skills day could be better, and they somehow come up with an idea to give a million dollars away to the winner, knowing it’s going to be McDavid, and I have to go dance like a monkey while they do it?!… ***** that.”

And did that numbskull reporter actually ask McD what it felt like to be a millionaire? Does she not know how much money he makes?!

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

At this point I loathe all-star events (I won't even call them games).

Yeah never watched one moment of that . It really sucks. And the fact they stretched it out over 3 days makes it worse imho.

• Agree 1