Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

17 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Because the league doesn't care and has no desire to truly suspend someone, this is exactly why a) the players need to immediately exact some retribution on the ice, and b) the Sabres need someone reckless enough to be Gallagher on their behalf. Is it a good solution? No, not at all.

Unless you're gambling .

George-Costanza-Winking.gif

• Thanks (+1) 2

17 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Because the league doesn't care and has no desire to truly suspend someone, this is exactly why a) the players need to immediately exact some retribution on the ice, and b) the Sabres need someone reckless enough to be Gallagher on their behalf. Is it a good solution? No, not at all.

Yep and the Sabres have fallen short in that department for 20 years.  Not that I think it actually works but if the league actively promotes dangerous assault level penalties, I’m going to have 2-3 of those ***** in my lineup to ensure my team isn’t on the short end of ruining people’s future with CTE.  You want all your players to be vegetables by the time their 50, lets lead the league in causing them.  

• Like (+1) 3

On 1/27/2024 at 2:01 AM, Taro T said:

Pretty sure he's not in the way guys like Chara weren't repeat offenders very often at all.  Everytime he's gotten a questionable hit, they decided there was no supplementary discipline due because he wasn't a repeat offender and then then next time it happened, and it happened often, that there was no supplementary discipline due because he wasn't a repeat offender.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

But Gallagher is ALWAYS pushing the envelope.

Think I read somewhere he always got away with dirty hits, should have been a repeat offender.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Think I read somewhere he always got away with dirty hits, should have been a repeat offender.

Charas elbows just happen to be head height for the avg NHLer. Not his fault. 

Quick look at AHL goaltenders shows an undrafted Clay Stevenson leading the league in most categories with Hershey.

Old friend Erik Portillo 12-6 2.45gaa .923 sav% and 4 pims is being given the year down there even though his parent team is struggling bad right now. 

Sabres goaltenders do not appear on the list

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I meant gallagher.

Oh. Yeah he's a pos. Rat level scumbag. 

27 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Charas elbows just happen to be head height for the avg NHLer. Not his fault. 

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I meant gallagher.

It's still true for Gallagher, just a different head.

• Haha (+1) 1

Jiricek is rather pissed at CBJ. Feels as if he’s been punished for disagreeing with the staff on his play. Barely getting any minutes and no power play time and now they sent him back to the AHL. There was some fear he may refuse to report however he loves the staff in Cleveland. 

Can we spin Savoie for him lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Jiricek is rather pissed at CBJ. Feels as if he’s been punished for disagreeing with the staff on his play. Barely getting any minutes and no power play time and now they sent him back to the AHL. There was some fear he may refuse to report however he loves the staff in Cleveland. 

Give em Savoie+ if it’s the ask. Don’t be scared, Kevyn. 

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Y'all say David Jiricek might be available?!?

Pop Out GIF by Nat Geo Wild

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Would you trade Cozens and a protected first? If all the responses are quick yeses, we aren’t offering enough. 

Without knowing what they're going to do with Mittelstadt's next contract, that'd be a 'no.'

Knowing Mitts is locked up LT, the answer becomes 'maybe' but still leaning towards 'no.'

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Without knowing what they're going to do with Mittelstadt's next contract, that'd be a 'no.'

Knowing Mitts is locked up LT, the answer becomes 'maybe' but still leaning towards 'no.'

I worry Mitts feels he got Reinhart’d on his contracts and is thinking he might as well see it out through FA, so you bring up a good point. 

Then again our prospect pool is flush with skilled wingers, it would almost force another move to bring in an experienced center. 

Two tricky trades is asking for a lot. 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Give them Savoie and this year's lottery protected 1st.

REALLY wanted Jiricek when he came out.

Savoie and Joker😜

I doubt he is available but they need to be all over it IF they are listening.

Maybe the sweetener would be taking Elvis back since LeBrun says there is no league interest in him with that contract