Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I still hold a grudge over hot tea not being on the menu at the concession stands, and yet if you ask for it, they can magically find tea bags and make you one. Iceholes.

I needed to know that for the next time I go to the arena.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Wings are a literal enigma; their "good" signings last year were a trainwreck and their "bad" signings this year have been solid. 

Because they weren't "bad" signings. They plugged holes and filled needs with the best available options. They now have a decent mix of vets and youngsters with some degree of leadership. 

DeBrincat a huge part of that of course. Watching him I see some similarities to what Benson might be. Time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am a huge fan of MAF.  The NHL forbade him from wearing this and he did it anyway.

The NHL is doing a great job of making itself a laughing stock with it's "Old White Guy" policies.  Jesus. Just let players express themselves.

They won't fine him. They can't. He called their bluff, just like Travis Dermott called them on the pride tape ban.

Great job MAF, keep being a beaut.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, LTS said:

I am a huge fan of MAF.  The NHL forbade him from wearing this and he did it anyway.

The NHL is doing a great job of making itself a laughing stock with it's "Old White Guy" policies.  Jesus. Just let players express themselves.

They won't fine him. They can't. He called their bluff, just like Travis Dermott called them on the pride tape ban.

Great job MAF, keep being a beaut.

The Hockey Guy had a thing or two to say about that.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Hank said:

Tampa was held to fifteen shots on goal last night. They scored eight goals. 

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Raanta with a .429 SV%!

And, watching the recap, there were 4 goals that he'd've liked to have back (importantly including the 1st), but there were 4 he had absolutely no prayer on.  The Canes PK and defensive zone coverage in general were getting beat on those passes through from side to side.  The danger of the highly aggressive D.  IF the other team gets those passes through, they are REALLY high danger opportunities.

And, of the 4 he'd like to have back, 2 of them were not exactly "easy" saves.

Bruins are exposed. Tenacious speed and their D falls apart. They are starting to look like the old and slow team many expected before the season started. I don't see them going far in the playoffs and if they continue to play like they did this weekend they might not even make the playoffs despite the big early cushion they've built. 

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

For who?  

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

He's free after the season, and I am guessing headed to BC to play for his resurgent hometown Canucks if $ is not an issue (it always is). He would be the hometown kid coming back while still a stud. Maybe he can bring his dulie bike from BUF days to ride into training camp with Elias....

season 4 episode 10 GIF by Workaholics

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Spoonman said:

He's free after the season, and I am guessing headed to BC to play for his resurgent hometown Canucks if $ is not an issue (it always is). He would be the hometown kid coming back while still a stud. Maybe he can bring his dulie bike from BUF days to ride into training camp with Elias....

season 4 episode 10 GIF by Workaholics

The post I quoted was about Sam Reinhart returning to Buffalo