Is SabreSpace mainly a prospects board?

PASabreFan

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Do we need a separate board for talk about the actual team?

This has been bugging me for awhile. We just had a new thread yesterday (I think) about projecting out the prospect forwards.

Why?

Well the short answer is because the prospects were playing and the Sabres aren't (yet) BUT I think the answer to your issue is simple. This board has talked about lotteries and draft picks and prospects so much because the team hasn't been winning and in the playoffs. Prospects are where the optimists have to go. Once we become actually good again this "problem" will solve itself. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Do we need a separate board for talk about the actual team?

This has been bugging me for awhile. We just had a new thread yesterday (I think) about projecting out the prospect forwards.

Why?

The season is almost here. Is there no present? Only the future?

Prospect talk is fine. Maybe a sub forum or club? Or make the team talk a sub forum?

A lot of people just aren't up for the prospect talk 24/7/12 months a year.

Not expecting this to gain any support or traction.

Are you striving to be an all-star curmudgeon? 🤡 

• Haha (+1) 3

What the hell is there to talk about that hasn't been talked about regarding the main team. We've seen every trade scenario, cut screnario, FO scenario just waiting for the regular season to start.

We've been patiently waiting for training camp and preseason. I expect this week most conversations will pivot from prospect talk.

21 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Your take is fine, but the 'relax @PASabreFan is not needed.  He is entitled to his opinion.  

Saying “relax” is fine and was meant as constructive advice.  

This is a Buffalo Sabres hockey fan forum.  It has diverse topics related to Buffalo Sabres hockey.   If someone does not like a thread topic, even if it’s related to Buffalo Sabres hockey, then their best course is not to participate in it, as opposed to banishing the topic to a sub forum.  

@PASabreFanis not fragile, he gets it.   He seems to be more than capable of handling himself in this forum too.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Saying “relax” is fine and was meant as constructive advice.  

This is a Buffalo Sabres hockey fan forum.  It has diverse topics related to Buffalo Sabres hockey.   If someone does not like a thread topic, even if it’s related to Buffalo Sabres hockey, then their best course is not to participate in it, as opposed to banishing the topic to a sub forum.  

@PASabreFanis not fragile, he gets it.   He seems to be more than capable of handling himself in this forum too.  

Sorry.  When many say 'relax' these days it is not really meant as constructive advice.

@PASabreFan (PA) can give as well as he gets, but he is often piled on since his takes tend to buck the trend.

He has calmed down considerably since his return from his extended self-appointed exile over 10 years ago.  He returned to sounding of trumpets (well, one trumpet - mine) just as the team was heading for disaster.

1 minute ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Sorry.  When many say 'relax' these days it is not really meant as constructive advice.

@PASabreFan (PA) can give as well as he gets, but he is often piled on since his takes tend to buck the trend.

He has calmed down considerably since his return from his extended self-appointed exile over 10 years ago.  He returned to sounding of trumpets (well, one trumpet - mine) just as the team was heading for disaster.

No problem.  I’m not up on all the social media trends either so I can see the opportunity for misunderstanding here is higher than in normal conversations.   

Texting, email, forums - none of it can replace people talking.  So much communication is non verbal.  More emojis are needed (I kid).    I assumed he would have known my ‘relax’ was a calming relax, not a sarcastic or aggressive relax.  

You say PA bucks the trends, I call it contrarian points of view, which I welcome.   We need that.   

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No problem.  I’m not up on all the social media trends either so I can see the opportunity for misunderstanding here is higher than in normal conversations.   

Texting, email, forums - none of it can replace people talking.  So much communication is non verbal.  More emojis are needed (I kid).    I assumed he would have known my ‘relax’ was a calming relax, not a sarcastic or aggressive relax.  

You say PA bucks the trends, I call it contrarian points of view, which I welcome.   We need that.   

No worries.  And PA very well could have taken it as you intended, but he is an old(er) gentleman too and he is old school like you and I.

In the good old days you could talk face to face and if there were any misunderstandings they were sorted out then and there.  Mostly.

Look at how quickly the last three drafts have shown to improve.  If you look prior to the 2019-20 draft the Sabres had not had much success drafting past the 1st round.  A reformatted scouting department, analytics group, coaching staff and new identity.  A message of drafting, developing and improving both the NHL product and the AHL product shows the improvement.  Making key trades, and focusing on culture has put the team in a better place than they've been since 2010-11.  

It's impressive the talent and the ability of Don Granato to work with his players and push them forward.  I recall before the 2021-22 season, dogging on Tage, and ready to cut bait. 

Furthermore, when you have the youngest team in the NHL, you're going to have a dearth of prospects/young players. 

Edited by Rasmus_
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well the short answer is because the prospects were playing and the Sabres aren't (yet) BUT I think the answer to your issue is simple. This board has talked about lotteries and draft picks and prospects so much because the team hasn't been winning and in the playoffs. Prospects are where the optimists have to go. Once we become actually good again this "problem" will solve itself. 

there's a problem ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.