Sabres traded that made you sad to see them go

RangerDave

There have been a lot of discussions recently about who we should trade, when, and who we should get in return.

This made me remember some of the trades that I wish we hadn't made.

Who have the Sabres traded away that made you sad?  Not trades that you felt were not warranted or where we did not get good value.  But who was traded away that you personally liked and were sad to see them go?

For me, it was Brian Campbell.  I don't think he really wanted to leave, and his press conference was heartbreaking when he asked the fans not to boo him when he came back with his new team

Who ya got?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Danny Gare and Jim Schofield 

This was the one that REALLY hurt.  Pretty much closed the era on that 1st version of the team.  (Even more than Robert becoming Van Boxmeer or Martin and Korab separately getting traded to the Kings on the same day.)

13 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Trading Tom barrasso and Phil Housley definitely come to mind.

Housley became Hawerchuk.  The only sad part of that trade is that Arniel and Ducks were best friends (they were the best man in each other's wedding) and not only did Scott convince Ducks that Buffalo would be a great place to play but they really wanted to play together again.

But would dump Phil for Ducks every single day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The problem with the Barasso trade is they didn't really get very much for him.

27 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Peter McNab and while it wasn’t a trade, letting Dudley go to the WHA really pissed me off.

Technically McNab for Savard wasn't a trade.  It was a signing of free agents.  Never fully understood the mechanics of that one.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Andreychuk... Especially given losing him also meant we'd be playing Fuhr instead of Hasek.

We win the cup if this trade is not made.

This was the one I was going to also pick. I still remember his 4-5 goal game he had against the Quebec Nordiques and the 3 Stasny brothers. He a was one of the best power forwards we ever had. I was very happy for him when he finally got his SC with Tampa, but it should have been with us. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.