NHL CITY LIFESTYLE RANKINGS

Zamboni

Awesome…

Will help recruit and retain the type of player Adams prefers… Focused on family, community, and team.

No place for Showboats and AllAboutMe types.

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Odd. The individual rankings don't suggest an overall ranking of second.

Also these categories would seem to be of little concern to professional athletes, especially young ones.

Shh!

Why any Sabres fan would want to question the results of this meticulous report from T. Pegula and Associates Research Inc., released so close to free agency day is beyond me.

• Haha (+1) 4

I'd be interested in knowing the Metrics used for the categories.

Climate.  For all those jokes about Buffalo weather and for the people who think it is the WORST Place in the USA (maybe all of North America) to live...yet behind Buffalo in climate is: Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Denver, Montreal, Minneapolis, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg.

It almost looks like the 'climate' rating is how many degrees your average temperature is away from 70 (in either direction) during the hockey season.

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Awesome…

Will help recruit and retain the type of player Adams prefers… Focused on family, community, and team.

No place for Showboats and AllAboutMe types.

and how many players are concerned about the cost of rent, groceries, restaurants... we are giving multi-million dollar contracts to kids 20 years old.

I would think a ranking based on players considerations would be more accurate.

• Agree 2

We're #1 in 'traffic'.  Yay us.

What the hell does this mean ??

We are 12/32 for weather.  What in the blazes !!  Really ??  What is this telling us ??  That there are 12 teams with better weather or 20 with worse ??  The other way around ??

I think this thing is 100% just made up.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Also these categories would seem to be of little concern to professional athletes, especially young ones.

Not saying how accurate or inaccurate the poll was, but given the fact I'd expect most UFAs (but not all of course) to be closer to their settle down days, old guy criteria is probably better than young guy criteria. 

The entry level and RFA guys don't get much say where they're playing, so a poll that catered to their lifestyles would be a bit of a useless exercise.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

We're #1 in 'traffic'.  Yay us.

What the hell does this mean ??

We are 12/32 for weather.  What in the blazes !!  Really ??  What is this telling us ??  That there are 12 teams with better weather or 20 with worse ??  The other way around ??

I think this thing is 100% just made up.

I've seen real estate related sites list Raleigh as #1 a few times and I'd wondered about that but they factor in cost of living and crime rates and stuff and none of that applies to ultra rich people like hockey players who live in the "good" part of town. 

Buffalo's not a horrible city (aside from the snow) but anybody who says it's a better place to live than say Vancouver (among others on the list) is smoking crack (while eating wings in Buffalo's case). 

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I've seen real estate related sites list Raleigh as #1 a few times and I'd wondered about that but they factor in cost of living and crime rates and stuff and none of that applies to ultra rich people like hockey players who live in the "good" part of town. 

Buffalo's not a horrible city (aside from the snow) but anybody who says it's a better place to live than say Vancouver (among others on the list) is smoking crack (while eating wings in Buffalo's case). 

You're right with the sentiment of your post, but I think Vancouver might be an outdated example. Unless of course access to Fentanyl is high on your list of quality of life.

26 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

You're right with the sentiment of your post, but I think Vancouver might be an outdated example. Unless of course access to Fentanyl is high on your list of quality of life.

As someone who lives relatively close to Vancouver, visits frequently, and was there as recently as last week that video (at least the intro and brief snippets I saw) is hardly a fair reflection.

It’s like showing 60 minutes of Jacob Bryson and saying “look at the Sabres”.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

You don't have to take Fentanyl if you don't want to. I doubt this is a big issue in players deciding wear to play.

5 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Oh ya, I'm sure Trevor Linden worries a lot about Fentanyl when he walks out the front door of this place:

c6676878ac62d8b6e44a9a28fef33974.jpg

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

As someone who lives relatively close to Vancouver, visits frequently, and was there as recently as last week that video (at least the intro and brief snippets I saw) is hardly a fair reflection.

It’s like showing 60 minutes of Jacob Bryson and saying “look at the Sabres”.

Bryson might be generous but the point is well made. Buffalo is not a horrible city by any means, but ranking it far ahead of Vancouver for lifestyle is just silly. 

Vancouver_Aerial_2017_1__72115131-4a31-42dc-b369-7a5ccec8273f.jpg

Vancouver-skyline.jpg

false-creek-vancouver-nighttime.jpg

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.