Flyers working on a Carter Hart Trade

Brawndo

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

So so far Philly gets Petersen, Grans, Walker LAKs 1st and 2nd

CbJ gets Provorov at 30% retention

What is LA getting outside of cap space?

If CBJ gets Provorov, I can't help but dream that maybe Jiricek could be had for a high, high price.  Otherwise, I would think there is absolutely no chance he would be moved....again, maybe I'm dreaming.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Showed promise as a a rookie 5 years back. Then...meh

Never really took another step forward. Comrie 2.0 ?   Is that really an upgrade ? 

Hart played 55 games last year. Comrie hasn’t played that many in his career. 

It’s an upgrade. Not close to Hellebuyck, but an upgrade nonetheless

• Like (+1) 2

@Thorny  You laugh at the price tag I suggested, but what do you think it's going to cost to get a proven young goalie with cost control for the next two years?  

Remember that TM acquired injury-prone Robyn Lehner (and took a contract back in Legwand) for a 21st overall pick.  Lehner, then 23, had 86 games (76 starts) of NHL experience at the time and had two years left on his deal (2.225 per season) and then an RFA.

Hart is only 24.  He has 201 games of experience (193 starts). He has 1 year left on his current deal (3.95) and then an RFA.  

Lehner's numbers were slightly better, but his injury history was worse and he was injured when acquired.  Hart has played 100 games in the last two seasons.  

What is your offer for Hart?  Philly is going to want more than the 39th pick.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@Thorny  You laugh at the price tag I suggested, but what do you think it's going to cost to get a proven young goalie with cost control for the next two years?  

Remember that TM acquired injury-prone Robyn Lehner (and took a contract back in Legwand) for a 21st overall pick.  Lehner, then 23, had 86 games (76 starts) of NHL experience at the time and had two years left on his deal (2.225 per season) and then an RFA.

Hart is only 24.  He has 201 games of experience (193 starts). He has 1 year left on his current deal (3.95) and then an RFA.  

Lehner's numbers were slightly better, but his injury history was worse and he was injured when acquired.  Hart has played 100 games in the last two seasons.  

What is your offer for Hart?  Philly is going to want more than the 39th pick.

No I think the offer is fine 

I just chuckle at the contrast of “This price is absolutely a non-starter for a perennial vezina guy but I’ll sign on the dotted line immediately for this significantly inferior goalie...we get the worse guy for a second year!” 

But we’ve been here, already - no real need to rehash

Edited by Thorny

#13, UPL, Bryson, Murray, Phillys 2nd for Hart, Grans, #22

Philly are going full rebuild. UPL gives them a goalie to roll out there, Bryson a body on the backend, Murray a big winger that needs a chance. They can draft #7 and #13 and get their 2nd back

Hart can pair with Levi, Grans gives them a young, big RHD that could work with Power, #22 gives them a chance to draft Musty the hometown kid.

Just a fun hypothetical

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No I think the offer is fine 

I just chuckle at the contrast of “This price is absolutely a non-starter for a perennial vezina guy but I’ll sign on the dotted line immediately for this significantly inferior goalie...we get the worse guy for a second year!” 

But we’ve been here, already - no real need to rehash

I don't get trading multiple top prospects for a 1 year rental?

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What would you pay for Hart?  He's the right age for our group.  Has shown he can survive behind a pours defense.  Despite playing for crappy Philly teams, he has played 100 games the last 2 years and posted save% of .905 or better.  He has 14 games of playoff experience and was solid with a 2.23 & a .926.  He has one year at 3.95 and then is an RFA.  

Really sounds like a perfect value pickup.

Question is how much?  Our 13th and UPL?  More? 

I think Hart is a more developed UPL.  At times (especially when he first came up) he's looked Vezina-worthy.  Other times he's been hot trash.  I haven't watched him enough to know who "the real" Carter Hart is.  I just know that the last Carter H. we had didn't work out the best.

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't get trading multiple top prospects for a 1 year rental?

I don’t consider a full season a rental. I consider it a full season 

the Hellebuyck deal I liked wasn’t multiple top prospects though it was 13th o/a and change 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Carter Hart for UPL, Brett Murray and a 2nd.

Too rich?

Brett Murray won't break into the Sabres lineup as anything more than an injury callup I think, but he might get time with Philly.  A second?  Maybe too rich.  How 'bout a 3rd?  I mean you're dealing two tweeners to a rebuilding club that's probably going to be playing JAGs for a bit so they might be interested in them but I think giving them a second with the two players is too much.

UPL *or* Murray plus a 2nd... maybe.

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Pause and step back from your keyboard.. why so quick to trade away the 13th pick?  

OMG please stop with the 13th pick for Hart  lol

Yeah, that's like XGMTM giving a first for Lehner, possibly worse.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

They got Walker and Grans, if the Sabres would include 13th OA in a deal for Hart, I imagine one could be coming back to Buffalo

Yeah, you wanna throw multiple pieces going out, we need multiple pieces coming back.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t consider a full season a rental. I consider it a full season 

the Hellebuyck deal I liked wasn’t multiple top prospects though it was 13th o/a and change 

I disagree with you on the first point.  I need 2 potential playoff runs to consider the acquisition a non-rental.  JMO.  We probably should mention these things when we talk about acquisitions like Hellebuyck.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I disagree with you on the first point.  I need 2 potential playoff runs to consider the acquisition a non-rental.  JMO.  We probably should mention these things when we talk about acquisitions like Hellebuyck.

I do. We did. No one agreed with me except dudacek and brawndo

im good with that 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

But Hart will be an RFA after next year, so the Sabres would still have control.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Maybe UPL turns into Hart who gets flipped for Helle. Hart is a WHL grad.

Interesting. That would be some high quality wheeling and dealing. Though I suspect some might prefer Hart to Helle straight up given contract terms 

Just now, Thorny said:

Interesting. That would be some high quality wheeling and dealing. Though I suspect some might prefer Hart to Helle straight up given contract terms 

We don’t know Hart’s ceiling either. The cost control is a pretty big consideration.

He’s better than Comrie or UPL so it’s an upgrade at the least. Goalie prime is much later so Hart could be a .915 goalie.

Hellebuyck is so good though.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.