Flyers working on a Carter Hart Trade

Brawndo

What would you pay for Hart?  He's the right age for our group.  Has shown he can survive behind a pours defense.  Despite playing for crappy Philly teams, he has played 100 games the last 2 years and posted save% of .905 or better.  He has 14 games of playoff experience and was solid with a 2.23 & a .926.  He has one year at 3.95 and then is an RFA.  

Really sounds like a perfect value pickup.

Question is how much?  Our 13th and UPL?  More? 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

If true, this is a missed opportunity for Adams. Helge Grans is someone I thought we could add. Oh well, can't get everyone. Putting it here because it could mean something interesting in the what would Hart cost debate. 

So so far Philly gets Petersen, Grans, Walker LAKs 1st and 2nd

CbJ gets Provorov at 30% retention

What is LA getting outside of cap space?

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What would you pay for Hart?  He's the right age for our group.  Has shown he can survive behind a pours defense.  Despite playing for crappy Philly teams, he has played 100 games the last 2 years and posted save% of .905 or better.  He has 14 games of playoff experience and was solid with a 2.23 & a .926.  He has one year at 3.95 and then is an RFA.  

I have reservations with Hart however

My offer would be 

UPL, 13 and a 2nd for 22 and Hart

At most 

Edited by thewookie1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Pause and step back from your keyboard.. why so quick to trade away the 13th pick?  

Just now, thewookie1 said:

My offer would be 

OMG please stop with the 13th pick for Hart  lol

• Agree 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If true, this is a missed opportunity for Adams. Helge Grans is someone I thought we could add. Oh well, can't get everyone. Putting it here because it could mean something interesting in the what would Hart cost debate. 

They got Walker and Grans, if the Sabres would include 13th OA in a deal for Hart, I imagine one could be coming back to Buffalo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

My offer would be 

At most 

Me to. He's going to need a contract, he's an rfa. He has some stability in sv%, especially behind that disaster Philly team the last 2 seadons, but what is his expectations for contract is what I'm asking.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Me to. He's going to need a contract, he's an rfa. He has some stability in sv%, especially behind that disaster Philly team the last 2 seadons, but what is his expectations for contract is what I'm asking.

He’s an RFA next year, so we would at very least get a year to get to know him

• Like (+1) 1

Is Hart an improvement over UPL, or Comrie? I think so.

Is Hart going to cost a lot to acquire? I don’t think so.

Is it worth the shot? If he has the right personality and attitude for the team, then yes. 

Is/will the Sabres D and O be better next season than Philly’s? If yes, then Hart and Levi will have better seasons too.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Is Hart an improvement over UPL, or Comrie? I think so.

Is Hart going to cost a lot to acquire? I don’t think so.

Is it worth the shot? If he has the right personality and attitude for the team, then yes. 

Is/will the Sabres D and O be better next season than Philly’s? If yes, then Hart and Levi will have better seasons too.

The flyers were 29th in the league in gf and 10th in ga. Buffalo was 3rd in gf and 7th in ga. I think at the very least we can be assured we will outscore Philly next year. 

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Would it?

uhokay-uhh-nah-whatever-reggietorell-eww

Yes.  In fact, had we had Carter Hart in net for the 51 games started by Comrie and UPL last season at Hart's .907 save% we'd have allowed 30 less goals against and we'd have easily made the playoffs with a regular season differential of 26. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.