Flyers working on a Carter Hart Trade

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, French Collection said:

We don’t know Hart’s ceiling either. The cost control is a pretty big consideration.

He’s better than Comrie or UPL so it’s an upgrade at the least. Goalie prime is much later so Hart could be a .915 goalie.

Hellebuyck is so good though.

Probably my faith in Levi that adds to my Hellebuyck preference. But as mentioned, I’d still be tickled pink to add Hart. We can compare/contrast the numbers to your Comries of the world but for me it basically ends at the fact Hart started more games last season than Comrie has in his career, spanning a decade. 

He’d be the first bonafide starter Adams brought in, in 3 years

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

carter hart sucks 

On the other hand...

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What would you pay for Hart?  He's the right age for our group.  Has shown he can survive behind a pours defense.  Despite playing for crappy Philly teams, he has played 100 games the last 2 years and posted save% of .905 or better.  He has 14 games of playoff experience and was solid with a 2.23 & a .926.  He has one year at 3.95 and then is an RFA.  

Really sounds like a perfect value pickup.

Question is how much?  Our 13th and UPL?  More? 

Our 13th?  What you schmoking?  

Comrie and maybe a 2nd rounder.   

• Like (+1) 1

Hart is still an inconsistent young goalie. He has flashed some potential.

If you believe the Sabres will continue to improve in puck possession over the next 2 seasons and that sub-24ers Dahlin, Muel, and Power (and Joker) are better than 27-28ers Sanheim, Risto, and DeAngelo (and Provorov was) and will continue to improve as they mature...  then Hart could be a good bet for 2 years.

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Why would the Flyers significantly downgrade for a 2nd rounder, though?

Comrie is a body that has NHL experience.  The 2nd rounder is a good enough offer and we have 2 of them. 

Offering 13OA is not necessary for Hart.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Comrie is a body that has NHL experience.  The 2nd rounder is a good enough offer and we have 2 of them. 

Offering 13OA is not necessary for Hart.  

Is this like a Market thing or do you assess that to be a fair deal ie the difference between Comrie and Hart is a 2nd round pick in your estimation?

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Night Train said:

Philly trading Hart and replacing his spot with our old pick Cal Peterson ?  He started a whole 9 games last year in LA. 

People think we need to give up a lot for that ?  LOL. 

What tickles me is the big hoopla some Sabres fans made when Peterson decided Buffalo wasn't for him. And Breire has gone full on tank for a rebuild via draft and prospect assets mode, a la Sabres 2013/14. He must have been given the green light to tear it down I'm guessing.

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I am not OK with #13 or any of the Sabres' recent 1st-rounders for Hart, but I am OK with some combo of #2, UPL and a lesser prospect for him. 

Giving up a first-round pick for Hart makes no sense to me. And I agree with the second part of your sentence indicating what you would give up for Hart. That would be more reasonable. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

What tickles me is the big hoopla some Sabres fans made when Peterson decided Buffalo wasn't for him. And Breire has gone full on tank for a rebuild via draft and prospect assets mode, a la Sabres 2013/14. He must have been given the green light to tear it down I'm guessing.

There is a big difference between a tank and a rebuild.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Is this like a Market thing or do you assess that to be a fair deal ie the difference between Comrie and Hart is a 2nd round pick in your estimation?

Yes it is a market thing for me that says Hart not worth the 13OA in this upcoming draft, especially when we already have Levi and UPL.  UPL could be pretty close to Hart by next year.  Comrie would serve as a stop gap replacement, and a 2nd rounder is all I will give them for Hart.  My name is not Murray.  

Or I might consider trading UPL and a 3rd for Hart.   

Lets see who gives up a #1 for Hart.  

Edited by Pimlach

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes it is a market thing for me that says Hart not worth the 13OA in this upcoming draft, especially when we already have Levi and UPL.  UPL could be pretty close to Hart by next year.  Comrie would serve as a stop gap replacement, and a 2nd rounder is all I will give them for Hart.  My name is not Murray.  

Or I might consider trading UPL and a 3rd for Hart.   

Lets see who gives up a #1 for Hart.  

I don’t see Hart getting a mid first rounder for. An extended Connor H = yes ++ and also yes to the NAS goalie but no way to Hart

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.