Flyers working on a Carter Hart Trade

Brawndo

Based on a myriad of tweets by analysts and KA's own words; I'm starting to think we aren't acquiring another goalie. It could all be a misdirection but he seems content with what we have in net barring a fair upgrade trade. He is definitely kicking tires anywhere goalies lurk but it sounds like teams are pricing him out of acquisitions. 

For instance Pierre Lebrun said that Buffalo isn't interested in trading what CBJ did for Provorov. Essentially he is looking for a 3/4D in both skill and price.

Couple that with what happened with Chychrun in regards to the aggravating demands and we may end up sorely disappointed in net. I don't doubt for a second that teams are potentially demanding Savoie/Kulich versus and/or draft capital to which Adams has made it clear he won't budge on that. Frankly I don't exactly blame him; I wouldn't trade Savoie/Kulich/Peterka/Quinn for any goalie trade and unlikely any Dman trade.

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Based on a myriad of tweets by analysts and KA's own words; I'm starting to think we aren't acquiring another goalie. It could all be a misdirection but he seems content with what we have in net barring a fair upgrade trade. He is definitely kicking tires anywhere goalies lurk but it sounds like teams are pricing him out of acquisitions. 

For instance Pierre Lebrun said that Buffalo isn't interested in trading what CBJ did for Provorov. Essentially he is looking for a 3/4D in both skill and price.

Couple that with what happened with Chychrun in regards to the aggravating demands and we may end up sorely disappointed in net. I don't doubt for a second that teams are potentially demanding Savoie/Kulich versus and/or draft capital to which Adams has made it clear he won't budge on that. Frankly I don't exactly blame him; I wouldn't trade Savoie/Kulich/Peterka/Quinn for any goalie trade and unlikely any Dman trade.

KA is good at not telegraphing his moves. So it makes sense you don’t think he’s looking and asking for a goalie. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Laughton's better than Krebs. 

At the moment, yes. Krebs still has upside while 29 year old Laughton will start going downhill.

Laughton’s career average is .38 pts per game while Krebs is at .36.

He would help fill a hole though. Good two way C, decent on faceoffs, some grit and experience. He led the Flyers in PK ice time so he must be good at it.

The C spine with TNT, Cozens, Laughton and Krebs would be solid.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.