Go Amerks!

JohninMinn.

48 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nothing happening tonight other than the NBA and MLB. So I'm watching the rubber game of Milwaukee and Texas (Austin) on AHL TV. Nice crowd in Austin tonight. What a town to be young in.

Austin is horrible. Did a 7 month stint there back in 2021. The news you see on the crime, ya buddy, you better believe it's real. I'll never go back there 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Austin is horrible. Did a 7 month stint there back in 2021. The news you see on the crime, ya buddy, you better believe it's real. I'll never go back there 

Couldn't agree more.  Was sent there for a company meeting and heard all these great things.  Let's just say the city didn't live up to the hype.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Couldn't agree more.  Was sent there for a company meeting and heard all these great things.  Let's just say the city didn't live up to the hype.

You got that right. I was staying in Colony Park while working a turn around at the Decker Creek Power Station. It was bad there, and I just don't mean the area of the job, the city itself was just a bad scene. There were over 200 guys on that job, I knew of at least 30 where they had a crime committed against them in that 7 months.

Mark Jankowski sighting in a Milwaukee jersey. They are a Preds affiliate. 

29 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

My niece lived there until recently. Had nothing but good things to say.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

What’s the Amerks schedule ?

Game 1 – Tue., May 23 – Rochester at Hershey, 7:00
Game 2 – Thu., May 25 – Rochester at Hershey, 7:00
Game 3 – Sat., May 27 – Hershey at Rochester, 7:05
Game 4 – Mon., May 29 – Hershey at Rochester, 6:05
*Game 5 – Wed., May 31 – Rochester at Hershey, 7:00
*Game 6 – Fri., June 2 – Hershey at Rochester, 7:05
*Game 7 – Mon., June 5 – Rochester at Hershey, 7:00

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I've had great visits to Austin but whatev.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

It's anecdotal BS

I heard from a guy that other guys had a thing happen to them!

Everyone has their opinion, you don't like mine, fine. But anecdotal BS when work related associates of mine were filling out police reports on car break ins, home robberies, 1 was even robbed at gun point in down town Austin? Ya, some one else driving around in their vehicle with a shattered back window was just someone random they let use their vehicle and forget to give them the key lol. Anyways, that was real life, not some TV BS. 

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Everyone has their opinion, you don't like mine, fine. But anecdotal BS when work related associates of mine were filling out police reports on car break ins, home robberies, 1 was even robbed at gun point in down town Austin? Ya, some one else driving around in their vehicle with a shattered back window was just someone random they let use their vehicle and forget to give them the key lol. Anyways, that was real life, not some TV BS. 

On the main topic, I'm having more fun following the amerks in the past 2 years than I could ever remember. Wish all their regular season Games were on tv.

As far as being in Austin, I was there once and it wasn't awful but I didn't understand all the hype. Same thing with dallas on our trip there. On the other hand I love going to philadelphia and boston and could go to those cities every year. Give me a hotel room in the new seaport district of Boston and I could stay there for a week Just walking around and going to restaurants

My niece just moved to texas because she loves Is there but would never set foot in the northeast for more than a day or two. Everyone has their own opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/22/2023 at 12:26 AM, JujuFish said:

Game 1 – Tue., May 23 – Rochester at Hershey, 7:00
Game 2 – Thu., May 25 – Rochester at Hershey, 7:00
Game 3 – Sat., May 27 – Hershey at Rochester, 7:05
Game 4 – Mon., May 29 – Hershey at Rochester, 6:05
*Game 5 – Wed., May 31 – Rochester at Hershey, 7:00
*Game 6 – Fri., June 2 – Hershey at Rochester, 7:05
*Game 7 – Mon., June 5 – Rochester at Hershey, 7:00

Question for everyone about watching the games - Is there any way to watch the games online? I live internationally but would be happy to purchase a pass to watch if that's an option. Thanks!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.