The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: Second Round GDT.

Eleven

Just now, pastajoe said:

Both next games are Wednesday.

These stupid schedules...like it takes 3 days to fly from Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto...ok I have a feeling that Kallgren will be available for the Marlies starting with game 2.

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

All that ball washing during the intermission leading up to the o.t. Didn’t help the laughs a bit. You’d a thunk Florida wasn’t even at the game.  These commentators should be ashamed of themselves. I want a sweep.

Three of the four studio guys picked a Panther to score the OT winner.

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

ROR is spent.  Actually the age and the lack of pace throughout the leafs line up is really showing up 

Probably true, but ROR is someone who finds a way in playoffs.  

I am happy for Sam.  

I love how the NHL as a brand is cursed. They finally have an ESPN television contract and they’ll get stuck with Panthers/Hurricanes and Kraken/Golden Knights for the conference finals 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OverPowerYou said:

I love how the NHL as a brand is cursed. They finally have an ESPN television contract and they’ll get stuck with Panthers/Hurricanes and Kraken/Golden Knights for the conference finals 

Ladies and gentlemen, this is still the best avatar in SabreSpace history.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

All that ball washing during the intermission leading up to the o.t. Didn’t help the laughs a bit. You’d a thunk Florida wasn’t even at the game.  These commentators should be ashamed of themselves. I want a sweep.

What network ? The coverage on Sportsnet is pathetically geared towards the leafs.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Three of the four studio guys picked a Panther to score the OT winner.

6 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

They each picked a player from each team.

So what you're saying is one of the studio guys picked two Leafs. Seems right.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

What network ? The coverage on Sportsnet is pathetically geared towards the leafs.  

He's in BC so probably also watching SN, and TNT isn't that different, frankly.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

These stupid schedules...like it takes 3 days to fly from Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto...ok I have a feeling that Kallgren will be available for the Marlies starting with game 2.

I was wrong, Amerks start Thursday. 🥴

Good game, although I think the lower position of the main camera in the Panther's arena softens the perception of the energy on the ice. I get the sense it was a more intense game than it looked. The Leafs are slowly being ground up and they should be thankful they have two days between games.

Bobrovski is simply a machine. Samson has become the player we all wanted him to be - a playoff difference-maker. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Florida definitely loves the trade. Jury way out on the Sabres end.

Florida should be happy with that trade. But so should we. It took some time to appreciate the return (Tage) for ROR. If Levi becomes the goalie that we hope he becomes, the Reinhart deal might turn out to be the most consequential deal from dispatching the old core. And that includes the Eichel deal. And from all reports Kulich is a top tier prospect who should be ready in a year or two, if not sooner. Good for them and good for us. 

33 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's funny how this quickly became the MO of the Leafs. It was true at least last year as well. Our team won't be young and fast forever, Kevyn

That's why the season was a missed moment. You build too slow and wait too long and you get a very small window even if you do a good job building. Time to go is NOW. 

As for the Leafs, nothing new about the big 4 disappearing. The late additions all look like they are past their best before dates though that's for sure. Goaltending might actually sink them though. Florida definitely has the edge the way Bob is playing. 

24 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Love it that the Leafs are about to get knocked out. They continue to trade picks for older players trying to make it work. It won’t. Adams is building this Sabres team how you should build a team. 

Everyone said the same thing about the Leafs for years, and through a lot more wins than the Sabres have yet compiled

Let's take this thing one step at a time 

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Florida should be happy with that trade. But so should we. It took some time to appreciate the return (Tage) for ROR. If Levi becomes the goalie that we hope he becomes, the Reinhart deal might turn out to be the most consequential deal from dispatching the old core. And that includes the Eichel deal. And from all reports Kulich is a top tier prospect who should be ready in a year or two, if not sooner. Good for them and good for us. 

That #62 guy is pretty good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.