The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

9 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Lots of Rangers jerseys in Devils’ barn.

They can swim there. They'll smell like ***** when they arrive, but it's a stones throw away. I don't get why so many seats were available for Rags fans to buy.

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Why do you hope that a team which has caused us loads of misery gets back their players who love to concuss our best players with dirty plays that refs ignore because they're too busy trying to pile up power plays for them, so that they beat a team that we have some of our best memories against and which has caused most of us very little misery in our lives 

After Boston, Toronto is my most hated team. I'm pulling for a western conference team to win it all. 

3 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Feelings about the Sabres relationship with the Bolts aside, Tampa has gone to three straight cup finals in the salary cap era. It’s incredible. I’m rooting for them because 1) eff the leafs, and 2) they’ve built the core of their team from homegrown talent and I find that admirable, and 3) they play the brand of hockey that I like to watch (an offensive approach). 

And 4) John Cooper is a great guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ... said:

So disappointed in the Toronto game. The PBP guys are horrific, too.

I wanted to like Bucci. He is vintage ESPN hockey and he was a good hockey twitter follow (Bucci overtime challenge). But he really sucks at PBP. We aren’t the only ones who have noticed: 

https://deadspin.com/espn-nhl-hockey-bruins-mcdonough-buccigross-mlb-madbum-1850356404

22 minutes ago, ... said:

Craig Simpson is a huge Leafblower. He does this all year on a national network.

I’m watching a junior playoff game. The game is going to overtime and the announcer gives his team the edge because they beat the other team twice in OT during the regular season., which was 3 on 3. Clueless.

• Like (+1) 1

Schneider just effed up McLeod in a nice scrap. Refs throwing everyone out in the last 5 minutes. Don't wanna see a ***** show apparently. 

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Schneider just effed up McLeod in a nice scrap. Refs throwing everyone out in the last 5 minutes. Don't wanna see a ***** show apparently. 

Jesus, just threw out 2 more guys. There ain't gonna be nobody left on the benches.

34 minutes ago, ... said:

Ya think? Totally biased towards Toronto. They must've been Canadian. I don't mean that to be rude, but Canada has been dying for the Cup for a long ass time.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think that there is a really good chance we look like the Devils next year, in both good and bad ways 

Rangers are wrecking them in this series. Still wondering how they were so good all year. They look like trash.

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Ya think? Totally biased towards Toronto. They must've been Canadian. I don't mean that to be rude, but Canada has been dying for the Cup for a long ass time.

Rangers are wrecking them in this series. Still wondering how they were so good all year. They look like trash.

Some teams need to get destroyed in the playoffs before they figure it out, it's not an uncommon thing. They are/will be an excellent team for a long time

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Switched to Kracken vs Avalanche 

Seattle continues their tradition of silly colors in their uniforms.  Blah. 

Ya missed a good ending to the Rags/Devils. Still 5 mins left and about 8 guys left on each bench.

Some teams need to get destroyed in the playoffs before they figure it out, it's not an uncommon thing. They are/will be an excellent team for a long time

They got some real good young talent. Hughes is gonna be a superstar for years.

Edited by Claude Balls

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Ya missed a good ending to the Rags/Devils. Still 5 mins left and about 8 guys left on each bench.

They got some real good young talent. Hughes is gonna be a superstar for years.

I haven't watched their games but I bet he's struggling a bit. He's still very slim. Marner took a few years before he could shake the "playoff choker" label for a similar reason

• Agree 1

I wonder how many fights there are in the streets of Newark after these games. Rags fans took over the Prudential Center. And Newark is not a nice place, lol. I wouldn't wanna be walking out of there in a Rangers jersey.

I haven't watched their games but I bet he's struggling a bit. He's still very slim. Marner took a few years before he could shake the "playoff choker" label for a similar reason

Hughes already has better moves than Marner. He is silky smooth with the puck. But I agree, the playoffs seem a bit too big of a stage for him right now. 

Just now, French Collection said:

Kraken up by 2 on the Avs in the first. These guys are playing well.

Just sucks that these expansion teams (Vegas, Seattle) are better than Buffalo right out of the gate. 

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Kraken up by 2 on the Avs in the first. These guys are playing well.

Grubauer is a great goalie. That helps a ton. He wants to shove it right down Colorado's throat. And so far he is making it happen. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.