GDT: Senators @Sabres 4-13-2023 7pm MSG

spndnchz

5 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Last 10 games: 4 goals 11 assists +6

10 games before that: 0 goals 3 assists -6

He finished really strong but it's odd how short memories are sometimes.

Cue the "why you bringing up old stuff" response. 

Let's keep going.

10 games more back: 2 goals 8 assists +5

10 games before that: 1 goal 3 assists -1

He has had 9 points every month since January, now 11 in April. Seems like your memory is short too.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

No one is crying and no one has been a bigger critic of Mittlestadt than I have been.  I'm happy that he scored that goal, and I'm happy that he and Olofsson increased their trade values tonight.

Olofsson is more likely to be traded than Mitts. The issue for the organization is whether to keep Mitts on the first line or what players he is going to be playing with on another line. Mitts is not going anywhere. The GM is likely to follow suit with Mitts that he has done with other core players i.e. lock him up soon rather than later. 

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

He has had 9 points every month since January, now 11 in April. Seems like your memory is short too.

Last 40 games in 10 game chunks.

I am happy.  Big game and big win. 

1. Fan Appreciation Night

2. Craig Anderson Night - wonderful ending with great team support and respect from the opponent too. 

3. Win against a team we are going to grow up battling.  We passed them this year.  Let’s leave them far behind next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Olofsson is more likely to be traded than Mitts. The issue for the organization is whether to keep Mitts on the first line or what players he is going to be playing with on another line. Mitts is not going anywhere. The GM is likely to follow suit with Mitts that he has done with other core players i.e. lock him up soon rather than later. 

You're probably correct about this.

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree on Olofsson--more likely.  I think Adams would be wise to see what he can get for Mittlestadt.  He can't afford to lock him up long term with other contracts on the horizon, and he has the pipeline to replace him.  But perhaps that's a better discussion for the off-season thread.

Edited by Eleven

3 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Last 40 games in 10 game chunks.

And he still had 9 points every month and nearly 60 on the season. His previous high was 25. More than doubled it this year.

What's your point?

Just now, Pimlach said:

I am happy.  Big game and big win. 

1. Fan Appreciation Night

2. Craig Anderson Night - wonderful ending with great team support and respect from the opponent too. 

3. Win against a team we are going to grow up battling.  We passed them this year.  Let’s leave them far behind next year.  

I think Buffalo and Ottawa are going to be intense rivals in the near future. Both teams are young and are moving up the ranks together. This is going to be a rivalry that we are going to enjoy. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I agree on Olofsson--more likely.  I think Adams would be wise to see what he can get for Mittlestadt.  He can't afford to lock him up long term with other contracts on the horizon, and he has the pipeline to replace him.  But perhaps that's a better discussion for the off-season thread.

Granato has spoken about Mitts on a number of occasions. He has made it evident/clear that Mitts is a talented player who is blossoming because he is playing with players that enhance his game. He has also made the point that Mitts is one of the hardest workers in practice, and is always working on his game. He's a player that the coach and GM appreciate. They both want him to be part of the core. 

10 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

their 3v3 is pretty unreal.  I don't know if it is just the games that I have watched, but whenever it goes to OT.. it just feels like it is inevitable that they will either score or maintain possession the whole time preventing the other team from scoring.  

Yes.  They have a lot of skill with the puck, and Granato teaches them to be fearless on offense, it seems to really help in 3v3. Once they control it they know how to maintain it.  

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Listen to Adams speak on Sabres Live today. Listen to Granato speak the other night.

Mitts isn’t going anywhere. If you are hoping for otherwise you will be disappointed.

He's earned a spot based on his elevated play.  I hope he follows some of the other player examples and signs for a reasonable price to help preserve some cap space.

Just now, JohnC said:

Granato has spoken about Mitts on a number of occasions. He has made it evident/clear that Mitts is a talented player who is blossoming because he is playing with players that enhance his game. He has also made the point that Mitts is one of the hardest workers in practice, and is always working on his game. He's a player that the coach and GM appreciate. They both want him to be part of the core. 

Has Adams spoken about him or is your last sentence just an assumption?  Because I think Adams should, if not would, consider offers for him.  (And again, this is probably best left to another thread--I don't want to screw up a winning GDT.  You can last word it if you want and we'll find a way to discuss another time.)

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He is playing great hockey.  He wants to stick with Buffalo, Dahlin is pushing him to be his best. 

I can't discredit that. The last month is what I have been expecting to see for quite awhile. Hopefully it finally clicked for him, like it did with Tage. 

I was very critical of Middlestadt all season long but he has been one of the best Sabres players on both sides of the ice for us down the stretch, sometimes it's not how you start but how you finish. I was quite happy with his play the past month and it's one of those times I'm glad to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Assuming Sabres beat Columbus tomorrow, they will end up missing the playoffs by ONE point. 1 point behind Florida due to that loss to the Panthers just last week. 

Yes.  There are several games we could point too.   Every game matters.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.