GDT: Senators @Sabres 4-13-2023 7pm MSG

spndnchz

• spndnchz changed the title to GDT: Senators @Sabres 4-13-2023 7pm MSG
8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Hopefully Anderson is in net for his sendoff. He has been a great soldier the past two years and gave them the best goaltending over that two year span even at his advanced hockey age.

I'd bet money on Anderson starting. I think Buffalo wins too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Since the stakes are low at this point, I'll probably just put it on the background. I hope Anderson gets a nice send-off.

It's been a fun season, even with the disappointing outcome. My expectations were just in or just out of the playoffs this year, so they hit on that. Next year it's playoffs or bust.

Hopefully they can use these last 2 games to take some momentum into next year. I want them mad/determined to do better next year, and not wallowing in doubts.

25 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd bet money on Anderson starting. I think Buffalo wins too.

Unless Anderson is hurt, why wouldn't they play him? He is concluding a long and illustrious career, and his family is in town. Our organization is usually classy in acknowledging players, even players who were dealt. I'd be very disappointed if he didn't play. It would also give the players an incentive to rally around him.

If the Sabres can finish the season winning the last two game, it will be a 16-point improvement from the prior season. That's progress!

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Provided you don't show up when the anthems are starting.  Only about 2k seats left available which means right now about 2k attendees won't get shirts.

That's unfortunate. I understand trying to create a sense of urgency for tickets, but not a good look in the end esp on FAN.

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They can cheer on DeBrincat and Chychrun as they get ready for the playoffs...oh wait.

Sabres fan talkin' trash!

A very wistful feeling for me. Wish I could be in a good mood like most others. Wearing shades and all that, to keep the future from scorching my retina.

This should have been a playoff season given how the year played out. Just a little nudge is all they needed. Forget the losing streak. Fasching's goal shouldn't have counted!

I'm 75% in the ditch of the playoff drought and 25% in an obviously hopeful immediate future where at the very least we should be in the postseason. Wish the numbers could be reversed and am envious of those of you who are there.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They can cheer on DeBrincat and Chychrun as they get ready for the playoffs...oh wait.

Heard on Sportsnet yesterday that there is no imminent extension for DeBrincat. The team wants him but he hasn’t committed. The reporter said the team will qualify him, which would possibly lead him to UFA after next year.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Heard on Sportsnet yesterday that there is no imminent extension for DeBrincat. The team wants him but he hasn’t committed. The reporter said the team will qualify him, which would possibly lead him to UFA after next year.

So you know what his qualifying offer is?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.