GDT: Hurricanes @ Sabres - April 8, 2023, 12:30pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

Just now, K-9 said:

I’m just gonna say it: our coaches suck. They show ZERO ability to make adjustments. 

Yep. Been an issue all year. They have been horrible on defense and penalty kill all year with not even a hint of improvement or even different tactics attempted. The asst coaches on this staff are in way over their heads. 

See how Carolina has a player hound the puck on the PK… They act… They don’t stand in a four man box waiting for the shot… 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

You could say that about 46 and 61 on the prior shift.  

Carolina has about 15 players that are built like linebackers.   We just have to get stronger to play with Carolina,Boston, and Tampa. 

I’m glad you said stronger and not the tired overused and inaccurate “bigger” trope.  

• Agree 1

My worry is despite the offensive talent, they play like the keystone cops in their own zone. It is really bad to the point it’s comical. My worry is it’s so bad I don’t know if it’s fixable in one off-season. This team lacks the most basic common sense defensive play. If Carolina is a top team we are not remotely close. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Rob Ray is delusional. Good first 5 minutes and that’s all.  Then all Carolina, even with 2 PP. 

we were outshot 12-6.  

We can skate around them, no problem.   Can we play a stronger more physical game?   We shall see.  

I know we are not likely to break the string again. That said, if you would’ve asked me before the season if I would take Boys in playoff chase with 5 games to go……I would’ve taken it. 

Our young in’s are gaining experience. Growth is never a straight line up. CAR is skilled veteran team. Many of our boys are still growing into their bodies & developing their games. 

That said beat the kandy kanes!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

I don't mind losing,  but damn, freaking show up

Superior team makes it seem like the Sabres did not show up.  They did and the Sabres flaws are exposed.  Adams need to up grade the Defense in the off season.  

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

I think Levi shows an incredible ability to track the puck and stay with it during scrambles. I honestly haven't see that amount of focus and control in a Sabres goalie since a famous goalie that played in this city in the late 90's. I'm not saying he'll pan out that way, but wow... the building blocks are there.

I think his ultimate long-term success is going to be dictated by a strong defense, which Buffalo is pretty far away from having.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Rob Ray is delusional. Good first 5 minutes and that’s all.  Then all Carolina, even with 2 PP. 

we were outshot 12-6.  

We can skate around them, no problem.   Can we play a stronger more physical game?   We shall see.  

He's just pathetic in his homer analysis.

4 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Carolina PK is not allowing the Sabres breathing room.  Impressive.  I would like to see that level of aggressive play from the Sabres.  

Sabres refuse to shoot from the point on the PP, easier to defend when you know they wont shoot from there

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.