Devon Levi Signed to 3 year deal

sabresparaavida

3 minutes ago, ... said:

I don't follow. In what way is it manufactured so KA can do that?

It’s not. Adams traded for Matt Murray but Murray nixed it. He tried for Gibson but he wouldn’t waive to come here. Comrie had the best statistical numbers of any of the ufa goalies last year.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:
2 hours ago, ... said:

I don't follow. In what way is it manufactured so KA can do that?

It’s not. Adams traded for Matt Murray but Murray nixed it. He tried for Gibson but he wouldn’t waive to come here. Comrie had the best statistical numbers of any of the ufa goalies last year.

Some people might say that having Levi in the fold (obtained by trade July 24, 2021) affected Kevyn's position on Linus Ullmark (signed with Boston on July 28, 2021).  With Levi in the fold, Kevyn did not want a long-term competitor for him so he didn't top the Boston offer, thereby manufacturing the situation where the Sabres were a very hospitable landing spot for Levi.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Some people might say that having Levi in the fold (obtained by trade July 24, 2021) affected Kevyn's position on Linus Ullmark (signed with Boston on July 28, 2021).  With Levi in the fold, Kevyn did not want a long-term competitor for him so he didn't top the Boston offer, thereby manufacturing the situation where the Sabres were a very hospitable landing spot for Levi.

Okay, well that's interesting given the Tweet that says Levi wanted some assurance he could start as soon as possible.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

ah, the perfect way to make something up but make it sound true. I call it the Tucker Carlson. "Some people might say the moon is a secret government lab that is building a deathstar... Im not saying that but some ppl might" 

Just now, Doohickie said:

I'm not sure I agree with what I wrote, just trying to explain someone might say Kevyn "manufactured" a goalie crisis to woo Levi into the fold.

No you are just making it up. You literally created this rumor out of nothing. 

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Shhhhhh! These facts get in the way of what "some people" are "maybe saying" 

Hi folks - my profile says I have posted one other time, but to be honest I don't remember it! Long time lurker and appreciator of all the discussion that goes on here.

I was reading an article on ESPN about 100 point players in college hockey, they cited improved goal tending as one reason and threw this little tidbit: "Levi, a Buffalo Sabres prospect, is considered one of the most promising goalies in the game." Feels good to get some national validation on that point 🙂

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/35971007/paul-kariya-100-point-scorer-ncaa-hockey

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

ah, the perfect way to make something up but make it sound true. I call it the Tucker Carlson. "Some people might say the moon is a secret government lab that is building a deathstar... Im not saying that but some ppl might"

Or those "anonymous sources" from those fake news sites.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You're just unbearable.  To Ignore you go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Thank God. Now I can tell you your wording was terrible and you should feel bad.

2 hours ago, MBD said:

Or those "anonymous sources" from those fake news sites.

Like Fox News and Tucker Carlson?

54 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Actually I'm gonna double down. What you did upthread is garbage. You manufactured a completely fake story for no reason. It's how bs rumors spread so if you don't like being called out for it, some ppl might say, don't do it. 

0 evidence.

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Look at this. It's deliberately fake news. 

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

As much as I liked how Levi has played, I want to see how he looks next season when there is film on him.

That's always the question, can he adapt when shooters find a hole? I like to think he's got the mindset to do it, but time will tell.

In just watching highlights, he does seem to lose the puck at times. In FLA, there was one where it was right by his skate and he was looking around, and in the first game it seemed like there were a couple times he was searching. Hopefully that's just an adjustment on the speed the puck is moving in the NHL and not something more telling.

18 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I see special mushrooms are making the rounds again.  Drugs Tripping GIF

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, despite the enormous disappointment they gave us last night, Levi was outstanding again.

I’m pretty close to anointing him as the starter next year.  

The only reason for him to be in Rochester is to eat a Garbage Plate. 

Coming into a tense patch of posts here fellas.  Lets take it back to Levi.  

All I can say is that it is only two games but he is really surprising me with the overall polish in his game already, his cat-like quickness, and with his mental preparation and approach to the game.   Wow!   

I was thinking he starts the next year in Rochester to get a bunch of games in.  Now I seriously doubt that happens.    

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He's the starter going forward buffalo just needs to get a good back up vet for him next year.

UPL and Comrie both under contract for next season, no?

I realize either or both could be sent to Roc next season, but if I were betting on it I’d put my money on a 3 headed monster of Levi, UPL, and Comrie with one getting 40 or so games and the other two splitting the rest.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.