Devon Levi Signed to 3 year deal

sabresparaavida

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The goalie to skater distinction is INCREDIBLY relevant to the discussion.  If you are the shortest goalie in the league, but league average compared to forwards, calling you "league average height" is either pointless or misleading if your goal is having a discussion or conveying information 

For the bold, we are just talking,  you don't need to constantly add this stuff

Shesterkin is listed at 6'1, 189, Saros at 5'11, 180, Levi at 6'0" 185.

For practical purposes — how much space they take up in a NHL net — is there really any significant size difference between Devon and two of the league's premier goalies?

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Shesterkin is listed at 6'1, 189, Saros at 5'11, 180, Levi at 6'0" 185.

For practical purposes — how much space they take up in a NHL net — is there really any significant size difference between Devon and two of the league's premier goalies?

Oh I definitely don't care about his height. I just think Zamboni is too pedantic 

20 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Watching some highlights, he seems to play very low. I wonder if he'll have to adjust that at the next level 

Just went through a few youtube clips, that kid is insanely quick and mobile!

Of course, Marchand will run him the first time we play the Bruins, and likely put a permanent end to that….

16 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

We've been looking since Miller .

It takes a lot of time to develop a  Goalie and patience

He needs to be"it"

He only needs to be “it” if we refuse to add to the crease while waiting for him to be “it”, indefinitely, timing out the rest of our push in the event he doesn’t stick. Simply find a capable bridge for now, and IF he doesn’t pan out, we have plenty of time to get a backup plan ready in the meantime to quickly pivot away from Levi once that determination was made at some point in the future. Or, in the better case, the bridge simply carries us to Levi

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Two or less said:

Levi starting Friday per Kevin Weekes

Just as Comrie is healthy and playing well.   

Maybe Comrie gets Philly on the back-end?  

UPL?  He can go fly a kite.  🤌🏻 🪁

Dustin Wolf, Calgary’s goalie prospect who is also one of the best prospects in the game, is probably smaller then Levi.  Sheshtirkin, Sorokin, Saros, Levi And Wolf are some of the top goalies and prospects in the world. Pro players haven’t “figured them out”. 

This idea that all goalies have to be giants is just so asinine. Has being  6’4 helped UPL dominate in pro hockey?  Just relying on size is a recipe for disaster.

Levi has tremendous hockey IQ. He tracks the play and reads where shots are coming from. He has elite athletics which allows him to adjust and stop pucks where bigger goalies just holes it hits them. And Levi’s work ethic patience and preparation seems through the roof.

I have no reservations that the kid will be special in the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Dustin Wolf, Calgary’s goalie prospect who is also one of the best prospects in the game, is probably smaller then Levi.  Sheshtirkin, Sorokin, Saros, Levi And Wolf are some of the top goalies and prospects in the world. Pro players haven’t “figured them out”. 

This idea that all goalies have to be giants is just so asinine. Has being  6’4 helped UPL dominate in pro hockey?  Just relying on size is a recipe for disaster.

Levi has tremendous hockey IQ. He tracks the play and reads where shots are coming from. He has elite athletics which allows him to adjust and stop pucks where bigger goalies just holes it hits them. And Levi’s work ethic patience and preparation seems through the roof.

I have no reservations that the kid will be special in the NHL.

I don’t view him as small at all. I view players under 5’ 10” as small. He’s not a giant either obviously.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.