GDT: Dallas @ Sabres - Mar. 9, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG, ESPN+, & WGR

WhenWillItEnd66

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Don and Kevyn engineered a feat to get the train back on the tracks, are proud of themselves for doing so. They seem to think it will drive itself just fine from here. I'm two cabins from the back and starting to hear ominous sounds below. 

That’s just promo beating the Comrie drum 

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

If the Sabres don’t fix their defense then you can keep hoping to see the forest but all you’re staring at is trees

Enjoy your negativity. I know there is work to do, but you & your compatriots are missing out on the positives. 

You all will be all yelling from the rooftops when Sabres get really good (1-2 yrs.). Many of us are keeping receipts. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Don and Kevyn engineered a feat to get the train back on the tracks, are proud of themselves for doing so. They seem to think it will drive itself just fine from here. I'm two cabins from the back and starting to hear ominous sounds below. 

What did you order in the dining car, fish?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, pi2000 said:

Let's pump the brakes on all the gloom and doom.    A young team had an off night, and combined with brutal goaltending you get games like this.

With an average NHL goalie it's still prolly a 6-4 game, but the optics of the 10 spot are certainly not going to resonate well with the fanbase.

That said, do better. 

When the games started to matter most, the past 10 days, the Sabres have responded by losing 5 of their last 6. The moment was too big for this team, which isn’t totally unexpected honestly. It isn’t just tonight for doom and gloom, it’s the last 10 days. 

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Kyle just said that their tired. Isn't that just awesome!! Wonder why other teams aren't tired?

So are we Kyle.  So are we.   

The Bills were tired to.  But they had a teammate die on the field 3 weeks before their season ended.   They could probably use that explanation.  

I’d rather hear our captain say “yea I think unfortunately we may have accepted the math and the odds and believe we’re done.” 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Spoonman said:

Enjoy your negativity. I know there is work to do, but you & your compatriots are missing out on the positives. 

You all will be all yelling from the rooftops when Sabres get really good (1-2 yrs.). Many of us are keeping receipts. 

No word of a lie I YELLED from the balcony of my condo when we won the Dahlin lottery. Felt so incredibly good for the Sabres to just..WIN. 

we all want more 

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

A train will kind of drive itself, this feels more like a plane.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Kyle just said that their tired. Isn't that just awesome!! Wonder why other teams aren't tired?

The Sabres were seen moving through the 716 parking garage like a herd of heffers, screaming "come on boys, Mittsy fired up the console"......

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

WTF is that? Some nerd deciding what's "expected?"

It does what you would complain things like save percentage don't do. It does about as well as quantifying can do in describing goaltending. 

Where did the shot come from, what type was it, was it screened? what is the league average save percentage in that spot on the ice in those conditions? Aggregate that number for the shots a goalie faced in a game, there's what you get. 

It tells you the same thing the eye test does - elite goalies are elite, good goalies are good, and our goalies are horrendous. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OverPowerYou said:

They want us to believe that the youngest team in hockey is tired? Ok.

Well, take a look at someone like Owen Power. The last time he played even 50 games was 4 years ago. He’s over 60, this year. 

against large men 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Donny's pressers are about as useless as Ralph Kruger's.  I'd rather see him react like Torts or something after this one.  He is simply too protective of his players, his coaches, etc.  

Ever notice he doesn't talk much about X's and O's, but rather "feelings"?  Maybe he doesn't know as much as we hope?1

33 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Great point. I kinda feel sorry for him. He's in way over.

No. He's not. The kids are just shot. It's not hard to see

16 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I don't recall seeing a team with this bad of defensive structure.  That is on coaching.

Yes. They are teaching that. C'mon.

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

WTF is that? Some nerd deciding what's "expected?"

It's a good stat. Unfortunately, it's an average, and Comrie's 5ish above that average is what makes the that average what it is.

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It does what you would complain things like save percentage don't do. It does about as well as quantifying can do in describing goaltending. 

Where did the shot come from, what type was it, was it screened? what is the league average save percentage in that spot on the ice in those conditions? Aggregate that number for the shots a goalie faced in a game, there's what you get. 

It tells you the same thing the eye test does - elite goalies are elite, good goalies are good, and our goalies are horrendous. 

😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.