GDT: Dallas @ Sabres - Mar. 9, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG, ESPN+, & WGR

WhenWillItEnd66

3 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

Why feel sad??? I have been screaming the faults with this team since I joined the board,  when they are fixed,  they will contend,  I am not waiving the Sabre flag when they cannot beat a simple forecheck. And they are not a work in progress,  they are in a forever rebuild,  get it right. 

And there is the disconnect. You live in the past & can’t see the forest for the trees. Got it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

There should be one, along with an apology to Comrie.  

Has an NHL coach ever let his starting goalie play for 10 goals?   Why?  

Development??…

Just now, Quint said:

As I said before, scoring four goals should be enough to win a game. If your goalie lets in four, pull him every time. Don't leave him in for ten unless you want him to demand to be traded or released.

He gave up almost 6 goals above expected, you're right. 

27 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

Now I can watch the rest of the games with no stress,  they are done like dinner.  Especially after the Rags kick their ass on Saturday

You will still make stress though as you root hard for a lottery pick. 

9 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

In the final analysis, Greenway replacing Tuch, or, by injury extension for that matter, Quinn, is hardly a catalyst for surprise or condemnation of the the line up changes. It's obvious the team is moving in to the "let's get the member acclimated/finish the season on a high note" mode. The playoffs, while statically not out of reach, are, by all of the recent past team play indicators and outcomes, out of reach.

They gave the season as a "young core talent growth season". To that end, it's been successful. They identified a deficient roster need, namely puck control via size play, addressed it at a very affordable price given the assets available and with a bit of term to boot, just as Adam's described. Defensive depth next season acquired a bottom depth piece in Stillman. They are aware there is more work to do before the start of next season. I believe they will be in a position of strength next seadon for a wild card playoff spot if they meet the challenge of addressing some, if not all, of the issues identified.

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

They aren’t *close* to out of reach by past indicators 

good grief. Just typing words.

the islanders if continuing to play at the pace they have, for over 60 games, now - you know, looking at all past team play indicators and outcomes - are pacing for 92 points, and the 8th playoff spot. 

Buffalo, using all past indicators, is pacing for 89 points. Florida is pacing for less. Ottawa is pacing for the same

3 points. A single game’s worth + 1

We aren’t “oh I know we’re *mathematically* in it, bUuUT..”

We are simply very much in it 

Ok fiiiiiiine 

you may have a point 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Kyle just said that their tired. Isn't that just awesome!! Wonder why other teams aren't tired?

He is honest.   Lack of depth, and three rookies, and several sophomores that never played this much hockey ever, and it is at the NHL level.  

They looked exhausted tonight from the start  

Owen Power has been incredible considering his revolving door of partners and the huge minutes he plays. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.