GDT: Dallas @ Sabres - Mar. 9, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG, ESPN+, & WGR

WhenWillItEnd66

2 minutes ago, ... said:

If Meatballs hadn't lost the room, he definitely is walking the tightrope with that move. 

Yes.  At a minimum he should talk to Comrie privately, but Granato needs to own something for what happened.  He killed the confidence of this kid.  

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

So you’re saying you believe they’ll provide Vezina quality play, to a certainty? I’ll hold you to it

This was a joke btw @Randall Flagg. I’m pretty sure you are one of the few that can easily distinguish my sarcasm but haven’t seen much of you in a bit so my ocd made me clarify 

anyways, good post above 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

This was a joke btw @Randall Flagg. I’m pretty sure you are one of the few that can easily distinguish my sarcasm but haven’t seen much of you in a bit so my ocd made me clarify 

anyways, good post above 

I almost yelled at liger earlier but saw you got to it

And yeah I took a year off. We were out of milk

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ok fiiiiiiine 

you may have a point 

Man, I know it sucks. I want it to end to ya know lol. But you know, patience. They are on the right path. I only hope Adam's isn't overly conservative on his approach, costing precious time. Because to me, when I ask a question like "When will Dahlin of had enough of this?", I'm not kidding. We've seen it before after all. I think we're safe in to next season, but ya, next seadon, something has to happen......playoffs.

It should be an extremely busy off season for Adam's, he has work to do.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You know what's going to happen. We're going to be on the verge of breaking the playoff drought and then...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/09/world/asteroid-collision-risk-2046-nasa-scn/index.html

These things are always SUPER unrealistic. “Small chance” in 2046. Right. Usually that means like 1 in a hundred million.

Itll be a couple more years beyond that, at least, until we make the Dance

9 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

How are they going to straighten the D out. Not worried with the O

That’s what she..

I just can’t do it 

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

No. It almost happened tonight.

No

All the kids do.

Power can't even legally drink the pain away.

I feel like the rest of the season is going to be like this, especially without Tuch. They will definitely get some more big wins, but I see them getting blown out a lot as well.

First it's "we're too young" now we can't win without Tuch? We have been playing terrible team defense for quite some time, it hasn't changed. If it's because we're too young how is it going to be drasitcally improved by next season? If we're counting on any of these goalies next season were screwed. I agree that Tuch is another difference maker but Thompson has regressed in his game for about as long as we've been in the playoff race, so everytime we lose Tuch we're going to lose Thompson too? The coaching to me is bad all around and I hope it improves alot next season because I like Granato but this team is and was in a playoff race and to play like we have for awhile now is unacceptable imo.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Man, I know it sucks. I want it to end to ya know lol. But you know, patience. They are on the right path. I only hope Adam's isn't overly conservative on his approach, costing precious time. Because to me, when I ask a question like "When will Dahlin of had enough of this?", I'm not kidding. We've seen it before after all. I think we're safe in to next season, but ya, next seadon, something has to happen......playoffs.

It should be an extremely busy off season for Adam's, he has work to do.

bill murray GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

Donny's pressers are about as useless as Ralph Kruger's.  I'd rather see him react like Torts or something after this one.  He is simply too protective of his players, his coaches, etc.  

Ever notice he doesn't talk much about X's and O's, but rather "feelings"?  Maybe he doesn't know as much as we hope?1

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

OK I missed the entire game, but am I to be given to understand that Granato left the same goalie in for TEN GOALS?!  And if so, what is the point of that?  To utterly humiliate the guy?

Yes. And no one in the vaunted Buffalo media had the nerve to ask. So DG had to defend himself. And he did it poorly.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The apology should be from the coach.  Never seen that before, have you. Leave a guy in for 10 goals.  

Granato didn’t sound apologetic in his post game interview… We don’t know what he said to the team… Sat through 5 years as a Capitals STH during the Langway, Gustafson, Stevenson, Riggin years… Attended nearly every home game.. Never saw a Coach leave a goalie in after 7 goals… Not sure I ever saw a 10 goal game…

The Sabres have allowed 4.6 goals per game since the all star break. 

The Oilers have made headlines because their last 23 games have come with a historic 4.5 goals per game pace, numbers not seen since goalies couldn't stand on skates 

Since the all star break, the Sabres are, on average, making their opponents score at higher rates than the best streak of the best offense of the last 30 years

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Yes. And no one in the vaunted Buffalo media had the nerve to ask. So DG had to defend himself. And he did it poorly.

Yeah I didn't get to see the post-game presser, either.  But without some really weird circumstance (both other goalies hurt), he HAS no good explanation for doing that to a member of his team.

And really, not one reporter asked?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.