NHL Trade Deadline 2023

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

I’m not buying that as the reason for a 23 point +/- differential. Hughes plays on power plays and Schenn does not.

Hughes is only +12. And both play on a team that is -36. Take Dahlin (+23) and Samuelsson (+7) on the same line. Would Samuelsson be -16 on a different line? 

And whatever others say, plenty of analysts rate Schenn as a quality fence set the past few years. 

And more than that, Schenn is a more physical player. Which is exactly what we need. But don’t have. 

Just curious, what does playing on the power play have to do with +\-?

Hughes is +12 and Schenn is +9.  That’s pretty close.  They played together most of the time.

1 minute ago, TageMVP said:

Gonna get a good look at Boone Jenner tonight. Would like to have him on the team. Great special teamer, face off winner, checks, decent goal scorer, no nonsense type 

Still holding out hope for Chychrun too 

Would be very happy with those 2 additions 

I really like everything about Jenner's game but I think the price tag will be too high imo which it should be. Sucks that the Leafs got Luke Schenn for a friggin 3rd round pick.

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I really like everything about Jenner's game but I think the price tag will be too high imo which it should be. Sucks that the Leafs got Luke Schenn for a friggin 3rd round pick.

What price is too high?  

Agreed on Schenn 

31 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

I just heard that Tampa doesn’t have a pick until round 6 this summer. 

KA doesn’t need to swing for the fences yet. Let other teams make mistakes. We are in the mix this year but let’s be honest, it’s a year earlier than expected. 

Exactly. This season has been a win (at least to this point) for what KA was hoping to accomplish. Sure some playoffs would be great but KA wants it to happen organically, not via a spending spree. I think back to the old investing adage: Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. KA isn't about to put this team in a spot where they get slaughtered in the future just to make the playoffs this year. 

28 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Quick to CBJ?

Holy *****! Blake with some cold ass dealing there. (It’s apparently a 1st and Quick for Korpisalo and Gavrikov)

Quick must be furious.

Also, does this affect their ability/desire to get Chychrun?

The still have the pieces even without their first, but if the Coyotes aren’t taking salary back, how do they fit Chychrun under the cap?

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Alright, now we have a legit chance at Chychrun with only Ottawa having cap space like us

I haven't seen any reports that Okposo and company have given their blessing, the "Committee to let outsiders on the island" in the locker room were reportedly enjoying a nice evening by the fire pit.

Don't believe me? Here's a photo....

everything-fine-5beeeb.jpg

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Holy *****! Blake with some cold ass dealing there. (It’s apparently a 1st and Quick for Korpisalo and Gavrikov)

Quick must be furious.

Also, does this affect their ability/desire to get Chychrun?

The still have the pieces even without their first, but if the Coyotes aren’t taking salary back, how do they fit Chychrun under the cap?

The main suitors for Chychrun (Edm and La) are now gone.   This should leave a clear path for the Sabres, as long as ARI comes over their ridiculous trade price 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.