GDT: Capitals @ Sabres - Feb. 26, 2023, 1pm, MSG, WGR

Mustache of God

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Split Power and Samuelsson up.  Let them play 28 mins each.    Hope for the best 

GMKA should have added d-depth already 

they were always 1 injuring from Bryson

Playing a rookie and a sophomore 28 minutes each is not sustainable, but they can certainly go 23-25 minutes.  

Joker and Boosh need to step up, they will see more minutes.   Boosh is the type that just might elevate his game with the extra minutes.  

Clague AND Bryson in the same lineup with no Dahlin to take some of their minutes is the problem.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Playing a rookie and a sophomore 28 minutes each is not sustainable, but they can certainly go 23-25 minutes.  

Joker and Boosh need to step up, they will see more minutes.   Boosh is the type that just might elevate his game with the extra minutes.  

Clague AND Bryson in the same lineup with no Dahlin to take some of their minutes is the problem.  

Trade deadline Friday….

I hope GMKA can make some smart moves…… like Beane did & Bills broke the drought. Didn’t impact long term….and I know….. Dalton. But still, Bills were in play last game of the year.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like (+1) 1

Good. Gooooood. 
A bit of adversity. Now we see what kind of team we really have. When the going gets tough, can they get excited and ready for a desperate and veteran Caps team?

Opening shift, VO should run Tom Wilson instead of wheeling away. Catch him completely unexpected and get him worried about the mighty VO all game. Throw a changeup at them and set the tone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Trade deadline Friday….

I hope GMKA can make some smart moves…… like Beane did & Bills broke the drought. Didn’t impact long term….and I know….. Dalton. But still, Bills were in play last game of the year.

I never understood the need to apologize or put an asterisk on that playoff team - re: the Dalton play to win the game for Cinci and put us in.  Every team played their schedule, the fact that the Bengals game ended after the Bills game was immaterial.  We did not sneak in.  We got in in accordance with the league rules. 

KA - do something to break this playoff drought! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, sabresouth said:

Well crap. This is where KA's lack of forward vision is going to hurt us for sure. I will be shocked if he makes a move by the deadline. He has been to slow on the reaction to a need. Goaltending case in point.

Disagree with your assessment of KA. Forward vision lacking? 

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.