Tuch on injured Reserve

Norcal

12 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Our team is thinner.  That line is 50% of our production. 

Man are you going to freak out when you find out where 50% of the nyi production comes from. Talk about thin.

Also we have 5, 20 goal scorers compared to the NYI three. We have four 50+ point players compared to the NYI three. 

Sorry but which team is thinner?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Our team is thinner.  That line is 50% of our production. 

It’s a good point. I’m eager to see how Tage responds and the rest of the lineup as well - I still think we have the players to reconfigure to handle the loss of one guy. If we don’t it was always a ticking time bomb 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Depends on the injury and how long Tuch is expected to be out, but this could be the excuse many have been waiting for that justifies a big trade deal. I think the circumstances would grant total buy-in from the room if Tuch is out long-term.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to secure a playoff spot, to ride out the storm of the last quarter of the season, and to outlive the menace of the competition, if necessary for the entire month of March, if necessary without Tuch. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of the organization-every one of them. That is the will of the roster and the management. The Veterans and the young kids, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the end their playoff spot, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength."

So let it be written, So let it be done.

GO SABRES!!!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Man are you going to freak out when you find out where 50% of the nyi production comes from. Talk about thin.

Also we have 5, 20 goal scorers compared to the NYI three. We have four 50+ point players compared to the NYI three. 

Sorry but which team is thinner?

When did I say the isles will be the threat?

45 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I wonder why they wouldn’t bring up someone who is waiver exempt ?   

guess they figure no one is claiming Vinnie 

A guy can only be claimed when being sent down.  No need to send Vinny down again as after the trade deadline (March 3) there's no roster limit of 24

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ... said:

Depends on the injury and how long Tuch is expected to be out, but this could be the excuse many have been waiting for that justifies a big trade deal. I think the circumstances would grant total buy-in from the room if Tuch is out long-term.

Could this also potentially work the opposite way....lower expectations now (miss playoffs), so why overpay for another player vs. stay the course?

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t want to think long term until we know more.

I would like to see Quinn try that spot in Tuch’s absence. He is starting to score again and would get even more chances on that unit.

I think Vinnie comes back to fill in. Vinnie, Asplund and JJP should rotate in and out until something clicks.

Get Tuch a bacta tank!

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

All miniscule sample sizes. VO was the RW1 to start the season but Thompson was ice cold and VO didn't help thaw him. Tuch was hot, earned the reunion and the top line took off.

I'd give Quinn the first look, then I'd check on JJP just for fun if a game is well in (or out of) hand. Third up: Hinostroza. Veteran speed and nothing is more rewarding than getting the shot on the top line upon the return to the bigs. Sleeper is Rousek. He plays the wing, is speedy, and has some talent in digging in the corners -- he's no Tuch but his game trends in Tuch's direction is my understanding. Plus he's the Amerks leading scorer and I'm thinking he's the Hino replacement as 13F next season anyway: give the kid a shot if it's just a week.

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

tumblr_nzsiubGDk51u7gt7ro1_400.gif.bb8671c10e7c8a76dd862c6de06ed2f1.gif

Gotta rewatch that.

Bubo!!!

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Small sample sizes but potentially plenty of options. If there’s ONE guy making the line “go” it’s Thompson, I think if he’s there and at least one of Skinner or Tuch, the line will still be really good if likely not as good.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.