GDT: Sabres @ Lightning, Feb 23, 2023, 7:00 pm; MSG WGR

Captain Caveman

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm a believer in the sudden ups and downs of life. The yin and the yang. The cosmic energy that indiscriminately flows through our lives. Bizarro George. I have two friends. One was up, one was down.

One game after the most dystopic of experiences... In the future you will pay 10.60 to watch the Leafs score 17 goals in the first two minutes to delight their sellout crowd at an arena in Buffalo named after a bank and you will do so on a tiny handheld gizmo the government uses to spy on you and someone named Bucci will obnoxiously narrate it, Rick having gone away... Back on the familiar big screen Sabres fans will be heard taking over the Tampa joint as the good guys run away with a huge win to stoke Cup dreams, with Rick's progeny saying he shoots, he scores! each and every time.

Down will be up, blue will be gold.

cryptocurrency wow GIF by Inbot Ambassador

Anything can happen on any given night, but I have zero confidence in our ability to play with them. They usually own us and make us look like children playing a man's game. 

We still owe them for several runs at out goalies and I still want somebody to hit Kucherov into next week but I know it won't happen. More likely they will run Dahlin or our goalie again and, although this time we will do a little pushy shovey we will otherwise do nothing about it.

Edited by PerreaultForever
  • Agree 3

Misty Wind.

This should be a very interesting game.  Tonight will be a real test of this team's character and Donnie's coaching.  Can they get up and play their best hockey against a great team and find a way to win.

They have not played well against the lightning of late.  Since 2010 the Sabres are 7-17-1 against TB in Florida and we are 1-7-2 against them in the last 10.

Sadly, I think they put up a game effort but lose in OT 5-4.  Mitts, TNT, Power and Quinn with the goals.  

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm a believer in the sudden ups and downs of life. The yin and the yang. The cosmic energy that indiscriminately flows through our lives. Bizarro George. I have two friends. One was up, one was down.

One game after the most dystopic of experiences... In the future you will pay 10.60 to watch the Leafs score 17 goals in the first two minutes to delight their sellout crowd at an arena in Buffalo named after a bank and you will do so on a tiny handheld gizmo the government uses to spy on you and someone named Bucci will obnoxiously narrate it, Rick having gone away... Back on the familiar big screen Sabres fans will be heard taking over the Tampa joint as the good guys run away with a huge win to stoke Cup dreams, with Rick's progeny saying he shoots, he scores! each and every time.

Down will be up, blue will be gold.

PA meets Mr. Pegula and he does the opposite.  

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This should be a very interesting game.  Tonight will be a real test of this team's character and Donnie's coaching.  Can they get up and play their best hockey against a great team and find a way to win.

No mystery to it… Based on the past handful of games, appears word is out we come out strong for a shift or two, then collapse when our speed is stopped by strong checking and play on our heels when we are outshot badly in the first 10 minutes… Will be a good test tonight… Granato has to have prepared them…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.