GDT: Sabres @ Lightning, Feb 23, 2023, 7:00 pm; MSG WGR

Captain Caveman

Lyubushkin is going to be remembered for his winning goal in this game. But aside from that sparkling play I thought he had one of his best games of the season. He played with toughness and passion all game long. 

Tage should be given the first star in this game for his hat trick. But you have to give Skinner credit for his passing and accumulating assists. There should be no more talk about his sizeable contract. He's worth it. 

Krebs's was exceptional on the draws. He won almost all the ones he was involved with. 

Mitts played well. But he was lazy getting to the bench for the too many men on the ice call at the end of the game. I blame him for the penalty, not for the person who jumped on the ice. I agree with @K-9in whom to attribute blame. 

Although Comrie gave up 5 goals not all of them were his fault. To his credit he made some timely stops at critical moments. 

The Sabres beat a good team with a world class goalie. The opposition goalie didn't play to his usual elite level. 

The Sabres played with heart even when they faced adversity. I felt that I was riding a roller coaster watching this game. Many ups and downs. 

If we can come away with a point against Florida I will be more than satisfied. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.