Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Did they fire Maddy Glab for the Diggs thing?

I saw a screenshot of his social media reply. He was not having her apology. Shocker. He's an emotional and eccentric guy. I would not imagine that he'd laugh that off.

She seems like a diligent worker and an earnest person. So, in that way, I feel bad for her. On the other hand, though, that was just a horrendous idea and terrible judgment to talk like that about one of the team's superstars when there are microphones in the room.

Fwiw, I suspect that what she said is more true than not true.

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Did they fire Maddy Glab for the Diggs thing?

3 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Nah, internal punishment but not termination per Tim Graham. 

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I saw a screenshot of his social media reply. He was not having her apology. Shocker. He's an emotional and eccentric guy. I would not imagine that he'd laugh that off.

She seems like a diligent worker and an earnest person. So, in that way, I feel bad for her. On the other hand, though, that was just a horrendous idea and terrible judgment to talk like that about one of the team's superstars when there are microphones in the room.

Fwiw, I suspect that what she said is more true than not true.

Two questions:

1. Should I know what you are talking about?

2. Do I want to?

36 minutes ago, inkman said:

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Two questions:

1. Should I know what you are talking about?

2. Do I want to?

My only nitpick on the twitter breakdown is that she is a Bills employee…not a beat reporter in the traditional sense of a media member.  

• Like (+1) 1

It's the flak you get here for taking sensible positions in the questioning of "happy days are here again, the Cups are nigh."

Some of us challenge for a particular reason. Not to be negative but to see if the optimism passes the smell test. There are good hockey people here. To be honest the responses to my questioning for the most part make me think, hey, maybe we got something here. That's the value of it.

Edited by PASabreFan

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's the flak you get here for taking sensible positions in the questioning of "happy days are here again, the Cups are nigh."

Some of us challenge for a particular reason. Not to be negative but to see if the optimism passes the smell test. There are good hockey people here. To be honest the responses to my questioning for the most part make me think, hey, maybe we got something here. That's the value of it.

Are you in the right thread?

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Passes the smell test? Since when are human mental attitudes like optimism or pessimism subject to arbitrary judgment criteria? And who establishes what the criteria is? You? Why? Because someone’s optimism simply rubs your pessimism the wrong way or vise versa? 

I think the Sabres will go 82-0 in the regular season and 16-0 in the playoffs to win their first cup. Gotta problem with that?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Night Train said:

I have zero issues with women reporters. Many are good but Glab is grating. Off the air for a while is welcome. 

Can't see how she returns with the bad pub. Players will never talk to her now. 

They should fire her and let Stefon know.  See, we ruined someone’s life.  Satisfied? (I know she’s 100% at fault but the comment was innocuous at worst) 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Wasn't it just picked up on a hot mic during a stream that started early?

I don’t know that it was broadcast live anywhere though. Someone decided to post it online after the fact and that’s how it blew up. Whether it’s someone out to get her or, more likely, to stir up more Diggs controversy, there are no honorable intentions there. 

42 minutes ago, shrader said:

I don’t know that it was broadcast live anywhere though. Someone decided to post it online after the fact and that’s how it blew up. Whether it’s someone out to get her or, more likely, to stir up more Diggs controversy, there are no honorable intentions there. 

Hmm. I'd thought this was a streamed media event, which opened early, and that some rando out on teh internets just grabbed the clip and posted it. If it were leaked internally, it should be fairly simple to figure out who disseminated it.