Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

Nope, just one at this point. There’s no guarantees on what happens in the playoffs. 

Only talking regular season here. The Chiefs have to come to Orchard Park next season and two seasons later, guaranteed. And if they end up in the same spot of their respective divisions next year, the Chiefs will come to Orchard Park in 2025 as well.

22 minutes ago, shrader said:

Well hey, the next bills-chiefs game is guaranteed to be in Buffalo. 

The next 2 regular season ones definitely will be.  Chefs and Bills have to take care of business next weekend to make the next playoff matchup get played in Buffalo too.

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

101.6. QB rating;  30 of 38;  350 yards 2TDs, 2 Int, 1 fumble 

67 yards running with countless runs for first downs, clutch passes, big plays. 

Our defense was great, special teams scored, but Allen was the will to win 

Two interceptions in the red zone - without those, he wouldn’t have had to work so hard. 

Without that play by Harty, they probably don’t win this game. 

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Allen can be maddening but you got to live with it because he is the ultimate playmaker. It works out more then it doesn’t.

2 TDs and 2 INTs - seems pretty balanced. 

• Agree 1

On 11/17/2023 at 4:19 PM, K-9 said:

Then you will be that much more impressed when the Bills go on a seven game heater, win the division, and enter the playoffs as the team nobody wants to play. 

It was a 6-1 heater due to an overtime loss to the Eagles on the road, but I’ll take it. Winning the division and wrapping up the 2 seed was just so important as two potential home games is huge. 

Shout out to McD and the defense and while I’m pissed about not getting a half yard to salt the game earlier, the offense was dominant when not shooting itself in the foot and Josh more than atoned for his gaffs. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Only talking regular season here. The Chiefs have to come to Orchard Park next season and two seasons later, guaranteed. And if they end up in the same spot of their respective divisions next year, the Chiefs will come to Orchard Park in 2025 as well.

I just assume they play in the playoffs every year. Short of a player dying on the field, it’s going to happen every single year. 

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It was a 6-1 heater due to an overtime loss to the Eagles on the road, but I’ll take it. Winning the division and wrapping up the 2 seed was just so important as two potential home games is huge. 

Shout out to McD and the defense and while I’m pissed about not getting a half yard to salt the game earlier, the offense was dominant when not shooting itself in the foot and Josh more than atoned for his gaffs. 

+1 on this.  The adjustments made at halftime stymied the Miami offense.  In addition to good game planning, he made the right decisions all night, going for it on 4th down multiple times and a good challenge.  The boys could have quit after the Philly loss but did not.  They played hard for their coach. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

503217851_200(27)(1).gif.e41ba88595a2f3fb825529b107f7b879.gif

I usually go to a Bills Backers bar to watch the games, but one of the guys I watch with there had a watch party at his house.  I took my bottle of Buffalo Trace and it turns out it was more than just our little crowd from the bar; he had a bunch of friends and family there.  They put a pretty good dent in my Buffalo Trace.

It was a game for the ages, a game that was turned on a "wild card" play, the punt return. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Two interceptions in the red zone - without those, he wouldn’t have had to work so hard. 

Without that play by Harty, they probably don’t win this game. 

2 TDs and 2 INTs - seems pretty balanced. 

And really, the INT on 4th and 2 worked out like a punt anyway.  Fins got the ball on the 20 instead of taking over on the previous line of scrimmage (~35 yard line).  Hard to get mad about that.  But that first INT... WTH Josh?

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

Hats off to the D. All the injuries this season and the depth came through down the stretch. McDermott gets credit for that.

The good and bad Allen makes most every game a nervous journey. O is wildly inconsistent in execution.

Pittsburgh keeps games close with ball control and tight D.  Lose the turnover battle to them and the off-season begins. Possible snow game, according to the local weather forecasts. 

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Is anyone more miserable this morning than Tyler Dunne?

Maybe I could do a comparison if I knew who Tyler Dunne is.  A quick Google gives an idea,

image.thumb.png.a7509867746e508b164f8c74b4e4f814.png

But is Tyler actually a Dolphins fan?  I would expect actual Dolphins fans would be more miserable.