Official Marty Walsh named NHLPA Executive Director

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Secretary to the Labour Secretary

It is "labor," a congress and not a parliament, the correct units are miles and gallons, a dollar is worth 100 American cents, and Gordon Lightfoot sux.  (I am kidding with only some of this.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

It is "labor," a congress and not a parliament, the correct units are miles and gallons, a dollar is worth 100 American cents, and Gordon Lightfoot sux.  (I am kidding with only some of this.)

Imo the context is football games D6426E83-52A9-4535-9961-24B87B05A0AC.thumb.jpeg.87ab8312676276a4fe3432b6e172d397.jpegF39D2398-0CF4-4AEE-8184-F8BA54F615B2.thumb.jpeg.03e8ec5428401ce4a455b0d86b17edec.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Also, Levon Helm was more important than Robby Robertson.

And THAT just happened.

Great pick by the NHLPA.  Donald Fehr is a polarizing figure, and certainly engendered some resentment towards the players he represented.  Secretary Walsh had some nice wins over the past two years.  Think he will do a nice job brokering labor deals without alienating the fans.

12 hours ago, Eleven said:

Damned right we don't.  We're efficient with our spelling.

US English uses 18% fewer u's than UK/Canadian English*

*Citation:  Facts I made up.

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

Not a Gordon Lightfoot fan, eh?

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

As I couldn't name a single previous NHLPA ED of the past, well, as long as I have been alive, I'm not sure what I am to do with this news.

Alan Eagleson

Bob Goodenow

Those were the 1st 2 that really moved things along.  Eagleson totally screwed the players over for years.  Goodenow crushed the owners twice, though initial reports had the owners winning both negotiations.  He then severely overplayed his hand and cost us an entire season.

Either name ring a bell?

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Alan Eagleson

Bob Goodenow

Those were the 1st 2 that really moved things along.  Eagleson totally screwed the players over for years.  Goodenow crushed the owners twice, though initial reports had the owners winning both negotiations.  He then severely overplayed his hand and cost us an entire season.

Either name ring a bell?

Nope.

I like hockey.

When do the Sabres play again?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Alan Eagleson

Bob Goodenow

Either name ring a bell?

Fehr too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.