GDT: Wild @ Sabres, 1/7/2023, 7pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

34 minutes ago, Weave said:

Very impressive win.  In my head, may be the most impressive win so far this season.

WTF was Minny’s coach thinking pitting Reaves out with Dahlin on the ice late in the game?  Bet he wants that decision back.

We'll have to see what adjustments Minnesota makes at the end of the month when they have last change. Something tells me though that 1/28 matchup will be decidedly more Sabres. Like 4-1.

34 minutes ago, Weave said:

Very impressive win.  In my head, may be the most impressive win so far this season.

WTF was Minny’s coach thinking pitting Reaves out with Dahlin on the ice late in the game?  Bet he wants that decision back.

I saw him interviewed after the game.  He is somewhat of a bozo.  He implied, as their broadcast team did earlier, that we are a finesse team and not very physical.   He acknowledged our speed and scoring ability and said he did not want to get into a track meet with us.  He also complained about the refs in OT.  After the game he and the players counted 5 penalties on us and 1 on them in the OT.  

Reavo on Dahlin - great idea.   I'll take that matchup.  

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It’s great we have a few workhorses out there, but man, we have a ton of hockey coming up on a compressed schedule and that kind of grind is a little concerning. 

Not every team has been playing as well as the Wild have, though. There will be games to get the top D only 22-23 minutes, with the win in hand.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Heart, miles and miles of heart. 

One of the most compete games we've ever gotten from Mittelstadt. It allowed VO to sit in the soft spots and shoot.

I agree with you on the quality of play of Mitts in this game. As @Taro Thas often noted the coach is astute in juggling his lines, especially at the end of the games. I thought that putting Cozens on the Mitts/Olofsson line was a good change of pace move. It just seems that Quinn and JJ have for a period of time become no-factors or even generating many scoring opportunities. It's simply part of the growing process. 

17 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The "track meet" style of play is our identity. That's how this team needs to play, and that is what the opposition is trying to take away. What's great about this style of play is that it is entertaining and exciting to watch. Compare this Granato style of play to the troglodyte style of play that Krueger promoted? There was the obvious tribute to Hamlin that made this crowd revved up. But what kept them aroused throughout the game was the pace and quality of play. What a difference a coach makes!

I'd pay good money to share a beer with DG sometime and get his thoughts on what it was like to be on that bench and have to watch RK coach those teams into the toilet. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, irregularly irregular said:

I'd pay good money to share a beer with DG sometime and get his thoughts on what it was like to be on that bench and have to watch RK coach those teams into the toilet. 

Even if you don't have an opportunity to have a beer with him to get his thoughts, all you have to do is listen to him talk about hockey and developing players. What was clearly evident is that once he took over for the dispatched Krueger, he immediately jettisoned the Krueger approach to the game and handling players. Right from the start, his goal was to liberate the players from the straitjacket that the former coach made them wear. One ineffective coach stressed conformity, while the other coach allowed his players to express their talents. The biggest beneficiary of that change was Dahlin. That's why he is constantly smiling. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.