GDT: Wild @ Sabres, 1/7/2023, 7pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

Marty just made a great point by saying the Sabres actually played their best when they got down 5-4. I thought so, too. Love the comeback OT wins, but I could stand protecting a two goal lead and winning in regulation for a while. Shades of the Kardiac Kids.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Weave said:

Very impressive win.  In my head, may be the most impressive win so far this season.

WTF was Minny’s coach thinking pitting Reaves out with Dahlin on the ice late in the game?  Bet he wants that decision back.

But I was told that Reaves is tough and helps you win hockey games. 

Confused Girl GIF

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

Dahlin with 29:25 and Power with 28:53 tonight. Our defense is going to be so good in 3 years.

It’s great we have a few workhorses out there, but man, we have a ton of hockey coming up on a compressed schedule and that kind of grind is a little concerning. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

It’s great we have a few workhorses out there, but man, we have a ton of hockey coming up on a compressed schedule and that kind of grind is a little concerning. 

True but it’s nice to actually have players capable of doing it while not being a black hole 

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Still short a defenseman even with Joker back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Fleury pulled out one of his best games. He had no choice. Nearly any other goalie tonight and Minnesota would have lost this game in the second.

Swap my fanny but I am happy to give Mitts a lot of credit this game. He looked good. Actually, between both teams, we got a lot of players' A-game. Kind of weird, but I guess we have to expect that now since they all know we can score and our goalies can keep us in games.

Can't wait to see them live!

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Watching the MN postgame and their coach Dean Evason was mystified by the penalty call when Dahlin's helmet was ripped off. 

I think he needs to watch the replay.

He also said that they knew coming in they couldn't win a "track meet" with the Sabres and he was right.++++++++++++

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Marty just made a great point by saying the Sabres actually played their best when they got down 5-4. I thought so, too. Love the comeback OT wins, but I could stand protecting a two goal lead and winning in regulation for a while. Shades of the Kardiac Kids.

It wasn't that long go when the Sabres got down there was an almost visible deflation. In hockey, as there is in most pro sports, there is an ebb and flow. But even when the tide is turning against them, this team keeps playing its fast paced and north/south game. The talent on this team has clearly increased. But what is evident is that this is a character team with multiple leaders that keep this team together when it is facing adversity. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It wasn't that long go when the Sabres got down there was an almost visible deflation. In hockey, as there is in most pro sports, there is an ebb and flow. But even when the tide is turning against them, this team keeps playing its fast paced and north/south game. The talent on this team has clearly increased. But what is evident is that this is a character team with multiple leaders that keep this team together when it is facing adversity. 

Heart, miles and miles of heart. 

10 minutes ago, ... said:

Fleury pulled out one of his best games. He had no choice. Nearly any other goalie tonight and Minnesota would have lost this game in the second.

Swap my fanny but I am happy to give Mitts a lot of credit this game. He looked good. Actually, between both teams, we got a lot of players' A-game. Kind of weird, but I guess we have to expect that now since they all know we can score and our goalies can keep us in games.

Can't wait to see them live!

One of the most compete games we've ever gotten from Mittelstadt. It allowed VO to sit in the soft spots and shoot.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Watching the MN postgame and their coach Dean Evason was mystified by the penalty call when Dahlin's helmet was ripped off. 

I think he needs to watch the replay.

He also said that they knew coming in they couldn't win a "track meet" with the Sabres and he was right.++++++++++++

The "track meet" style of play is our identity. That's how this team needs to play, and that is what the opposition is trying to take away. What's great about this style of play is that it is entertaining and exciting to watch. Compare this Granato style of play to the troglodyte style of play that Krueger promoted? There was the obvious tribute to Hamlin that made this crowd revved up. But what kept them aroused throughout the game was the pace and quality of play. What a difference a coach makes!

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.