GDT: 🏒 Los Angeles Kings @ Buffalo Sabres) 13 December 2022' 7:00 PM ET* MSG! WGR?

Doohickie

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just finished watching the game.  That may have been the best 3rd period played by the team in 15 years.  

The best thing about JJP, Quinn and Cozens is how fast they make decisions with the puck at full speed.  They just don’t hesitate with the puck on their sticks. JJP has the tools to become this team’s most dynamic forward within a few years.  I say that even with the dynamite unicorn already on the roster.  

If UPL had been in net we’d have been down 2 or 3 to 1 heading into the 3rd.

@JohnC  I thought the 7’s line was good all game.  Amazing what happens when players actually play in the high danger areas.  

It's going to be fun watching the Cozens line grow together. If you ask me who is going to be better between JJ and Quinn (recognizing different styles) I think it's going to be Quinn. He has a better shot and there is more subtlety to his game (my opinion). Cozens is the driver of that line. 

As I said in a prior post and as you have been saying for a long time, if the Sabres had the caliber of goalie play that was exhibited in this game by Anderson on a regular basis, this team would be a serious team. 

• Like (+1) 4

i just finished watching the 3rd period.  Wow!  Fun period for the fans. 

When the goals come, the goals keep coming.  

I have always liked Fitz a little better than Bryson.  Now it looks like Clagge is passing Bryson?  OR could it be the Kings had nothing left in the 3rd period? 

Good for Andy to keep us in the game and get the SO.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It's going to be fun watching the Cozens line grow together. If you ask me who is going to be better between JJ and Quinn (recognizing different styles) I think it's going to be Quinn. He has a better shot and there is more subtlety to his game (my opinion). Cozens is the driver of that line. 

As I said in a prior post and as you have been saying for a long time, if the Sabres had the caliber of goalie play that was exhibited in this game by Anderson on a regular basis, this team would be a serious team. 

That’s why I am so frustrated with KA.  If he added more D depth and only slightly better goaltending this team would be a playoff team right now.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

I'm happy for Anderson.  That was a well deserved shut out.  

When the team breaks out it breaks out quick.

I have to say that when I see the kid line of Cozens, Quinn, Peterka click like they did on that goal, it makes me feel proud like a parent seeing my kids do well.  I guess it's because we've been waiting for team success and it's nice to see them dominate at times showing better times are ahead.

Krebs is turning it up...3 goals in 4 games.

That line is starting to get it going...Middlestadt, Olafsson and Krebs have all looked really good the last 3-4 games.

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That’s why I am so frustrated with KA.  If he added more D depth and only slightly better goaltending this team would be a playoff team right now.  

He isn't going to do it...he wants them to figure it out it seems like and improve from within first.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I liked the play of Clague in this game. It was solid. When Bushkin and Joki get back the lower pairings should be better. And if you add Fitz to the mix then the lower pairings will be more than incrementally better, and there will be more depth. 

58 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

Without a doubt that was because they were beating teams by 20+ points. The Bills have the largest point differential in the NFL.

2nd largest now...Dallas passed them last week, we passed them again this week but then Philly passed us with their huge blowout of the Giants.

1 hour ago, ... said:

Don't need to wait, we already have legit first and second lines. Fourth line is relatively solid, too.

Cozens has 30 points in 29 games, Quinn up to 17 and JJP up to 15...

If this continues could be looking at an 80-50-50 line by the end of the year. Maybe more if they continue improving like they have been.

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Krebs is turning it up...3 goals in 4 games.

That line is starting to get it going...Middlestadt, Olafsson and Krebs have all looked really good the last 3-4 games.

He isn't going to do it...he wants them to figure it out it seems like and improve from within first.

I’m not asking him to replace a youngster in the lineup.  I’ve been asking to get rid of guys like Bryson, Fitz and Pilut who aren’t NHL players in the short-term so that the team can weather injuries better.  I’d love to add someone Chychrun long-term, but no way KA spends the assets.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Think about this stat. This is the 2nd time in 4 games the Sabres have scored 6 goals in a period. Actually I just went back and read that someone said the same exact thing. That’s ok, it’s worth saying again 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I’ve been frothing at the mouth about Quinn since he stepped onto the ice in Rochester. He was doing things I’ve never seen players do in the AHL.  Just domination.  I didn’t want to sound delusional or jinx the kid but I was sold on his first AHL shift.  The kid has it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1