Tage Thompson is a super star

Buffalonill

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I am super pumped about Tage’s development. Glad to see him doing so well!! It’s a shame when some fans are impatient or dismissive of a player when they are young and developing. But they don’t change that mindset and just target another young player every season. 

For me personally, I don’t believe he’ll hit 80 points let alone 100 points this season until he actually achieves it. “On pace” comments does absolutely nothing for me. It never has. 

Keep it up TNT!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525e15377a551a592bd7

I could see the believe it when I see it with 100 points, but 80? He’s halfway there already with 26 games played. He has 56 games to score 40 points, there’s no doubt in my mind he’ll reach 80, outside of injury. 
While “on pace for” is no sure thing, Tage is currently pacing for 126 points, so he has a very good chance of breaking 100.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

He will have over 100 points this year. Likely significantly more. That's a superstar no matter how you want to measure it.

He is 8th in the NHL in goals since the start of last season...the 4 players behind him are Pastrnak, Connor, Tkachuk and Stamkos.

If we just look at the last 82 games, Thompson rises to 5th. Directly behind him are Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Stamkos and MacKinnon. He averages over 2 minutes less icetime than the 4 players ahead of him. In terms of goals/TOI, Thompson is 3rd behind Kaprizov and Robertson. 

Seems we have another incessantly negative poster who has to argue that a player actually isn't that good because he isn't the best player in the NHL. I mean seriously? 

I am saying this in as nice a way possible, but dude...go kick rocks.

Im just not as interested in individual accomplishments as you. Cup or bust.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • dislike 1

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Just got tix for All Star weekend this morning.  Was wondering if both Dahlin & Thompson would be there for certain.  Pretty sure we know the answer to that.

Hoe-lee chit.  What a ####ing game for him.

Dahlin and Tage should be there no doubt.  When do they pick the teams?  

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, HeftyLefty said:

Im just not as interested in individual accomplishments as you. Cup or bust.

That has nothing to do with him being a superstar.  Logically you are making zero sense to anyone but yourself.

5 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

So why are you against saying TNT is a superstar? If you dont care about individual accomplishments, then that shouldnt matter. 

Logic doesn't appear to be his strong suit.

Edited by matter2003

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

He will have over 100 points this year. Likely significantly more. That's a superstar no matter how you want to measure it.

Unless this was the early 1990's. Dave Andreychuck had 99 points that season and was 22nd in the league in scoring. The goaltending was so bad back then, you have to wonder just how many goals Ovi would have now if he played in that Era.  But back to Tage, agree SO FAR this year he is playing like a superstar.  The pure number of points is impressive, but to me the fact he ranks in the top 5 in both points and goals right now seals it.  100 would be that nice round number to acheive.  Now just keep it up so it becomes a reality, not just 'on pace' for it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

And if you think he is going to bask in the glow of this game for a week...think again.

He does not bask.  He works.  He is probably practicing his shot, or faceoffs, or something else, right now.   When he is finished working, he goes home to his family.  He is about as grounded as you get for a young man that age. 

We have two legitimate league wide NHL stars right now with Tage and Dahlin.   

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, HeftyLefty said:

Just sharing my honest opinion and ppl write it off as trolling. good convo

You are not the one hiding.

The problem isn't your opinion, but how you are sharing it and interacting.  The conversation is only as good as what and how ideas are presented.

You have been a member for 12 hours.  There is a learning curve as to how this place works best.  Stick around and you'll be fine.

One last thing ... people generally don't like being referred to as ppl.

Weirdly Marek went on a rant today to start his show, about how Sabres fans should be livid that Granato so limited Tage’s ice time in the third because he had a shot at tying the record.

Honsstly, this didn’t cross my mind at all, seems kinda irrelevant and I don’t think it would rub the players the wrong way. Admittedly, I can’t go in the GDTs so I may have missed discussion on it yesterday. Seemed a nothingburger to me, though. Did this come up at all?

- - - 

Another tidbit on the show I really found telling was that analyst Mike Rupp was on and he says he can basically judge whether a team is a “contender” based on looking at purely the 3rd line. I liked that and think it makes sense: our team for example, starting to look much better, but the traditional 3rd line is still a massive weak spot. Perhaps once that line resolved itself or rather, we resolve it, we’d take a further step. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Weirdly Marek went on a rant today to start his show, about how Sabres fans should be livid that Granato so limited Tage’s ice time in the third because he had a shot at tying the record.

Honsstly, this didn’t cross my mind at all, seems kinda irrelevant and I don’t think it would rub the players the wrong way. Admittedly, I can’t go in the GDTs so I may have missed discussion on it yesterday. Seemed a nothingburger to me, though. Did this come up at all?

- - - 

Another tidbit on the show I really found telling was that analyst Mike Rupp was on and he says he can basically judge whether a team is a “contender” based on looking at purely the 3rd line. I liked that and think it makes sense: our team for example, starting to look much better, but the traditional 3rd line is still a massive weak spot. Perhaps once that line resolved itself or rather, we resolve it, we’d take a further step. 

I am sure based on Tage's comments postgame that he didn't care and was happy to go along with getting a breather to be fresher for the next game...Tage seems to be laser focused on getting this team to where they need to be in the standings rather than any individual achievements.  He views those individual achievements as a means to that end, but in a game with a massive lead, he likely was happy to get some rest and get ready for the next game.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Refuting said:

@ Thorny 

Why can't you go into the game discussion threads? 

I was banned for bringing in burgers with avocado 

For the record if you put a space between the @ Refuting it doesn’t send the notification tag

• Like (+1) 1

Lance Lysowski also on the show

Gotta say, if Lance is on the mark, the board certainly is dialed in to everything we plan to do moving forward...or maybe he just reads this site 

Reiterates that Adams has enough stockpiled now to put the team together and go for it.

Says we need more depth D

Said we need a goalie and that none of the guys we’ve had have been close to good enough and that they are still evaluating Comrie and UPL(lol)

Says we need to shore up grit in bottom 6

Says Adams was looking to stop gap to Levi

Adams has clearly made up his mind we are living and dying by Levi - this one is my worried inference

Lance says that Adams camp on/off record does NOT like their chances of locking up Portillo

Edited by Thorny
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Lance Lysowski also on the show

Gotta say, if Lance is on the mark, the board certainly is dialed in to everything we plan to do moving forward...or maybe he just reads this site 

Reiterates that Adams has enough stockpiled now to put the team together and go for it.

Says we need more depth D

Said we need a goalie and that none of the guys we’ve had have been close to good enough and that they are still evaluating Comrie and UPL(lol)

Says we need to shore up grit in bottom 6

Anderson has been pretty good this year...statistically and analytically for this team, so I don't agree with that...although he likely can't play more than 25 games.

10 minutes ago, Refuting said:

Thanks for the tidbit ^^ 

Thorny rulez 

Haha. 

Re: GDTs, I don’t really find them to be post-in-able if I’m not getting the game on cable - score updates are posted somehow instantly in thread and long before I see them on my stream, and they pop up while posting frequently, and are recognizable as “someone scored” posts immediately because the type in question are posted so diligently.

My own issue. keep getting myself spoiled. Have to protect the integrity of the game experience! Lol

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1