Jump to content

Jack Quinn is on the verge of something awesome


LGR4GM
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Both goals last night and the shootout goal against Detroit were all elite level moves: 

  • The shootout was an extreme maneuver that you see few players even attempt, and now that he's done it he can use that to leverage other approaches.
  • The powerplay goal last night featured maneuvering in traffic and a quick release.  On the Sabres  besides him I think only Tage Thompson and Jeff Skinner are even capable of doing that.
  • The rush goal was a perfectly placed shot taken while skating full speed to get up into the play.

We could go through the rest of his goals and probably at least half of them display a skill or tactic you just don't see many other players attempt and just makes you jump out of your seat.  And it doesn't come out of nowhere; the various videos of Jack attempting the same maneuver going back to prospect camp shows that he spends time on this kind of stuff.

In terms of draft language, he has multiple levels of manipulation he uses to create space for himself. It is a highly translatable skill once the game slows down. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In terms of draft language, he has multiple levels of manipulation he uses to create space for himself. It is a highly translatable skill once the game slows down. 

And it's already slowing down for him after only a quarter of a season at the NHL level 👀

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Somewhat quietly Quinn has put up 12 points in his past 12 games.

A point tonight will move him into a tie for 2nd in scoring among all 2020 draft picks this year.

That’s ahead of Raymond, ahead of Jarvis, ahead of Lundell and ahead of Lafreniere.

And way ahead of Drysdale, Byfield, Holtz and Rossi.

  • Like (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Somewhat quietly Quinn has put up 12 points in his past 12 games.

A point tonight will move him into a tie for 2nd in scoring among all 2020 draft picks this year.

That’s ahead of Raymond, ahead of Jarvis, ahead of Lundell and ahead of Lafreniere.

And way ahead of Drysdale, Byfield, Holtz and Rossi.

Clearly Adams ((or/and?) his team) had it right. 

- - -

Keegan Michael Key Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

on this front, my guy was Lundell and he did have 44 in 65 last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The penalty differential looks good for such a young age. 

It’s like the version of Skinner we see today who’s figured out how to pass, but with better 2 way play, and he’s still getting better. 

Better goal song right now, too, and I don’t even know what Quinn’s is 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The penalty differential looks good for such a young age. 

It’s like the version of Skinner we see today who’s figured out how to pass, but with better 2 way play, and he’s still getting better. 

Better goal song right now, too, and I don’t even know what Quinn’s is 

Hopefully this 

 

3A5D6859-3352-40C9-AFE6-E2EA34A31D2C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Yes this thread is older BUT! before SDS shuts us down, Jack Quinn had a dip and then in the last 7 games has bounced back hard and fast. 

Jack Quinn in the last 7 games has 3g, 5a, and is a +6. We will need him to maintain his production for the stretch here with Tuch out. We need Jack Quinn to breakout, now. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He has definitely taken a step forward. He doesn’t look out of place on that line.

He has a different style of game than Tuch but is IQ and his linemates’ IQ is high so they’ve meshed quickly.

He also needs more PP time. I’ve had enough of KO on PP2 or VO on PP1.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, French Collection said:

He has definitely taken a step forward. He doesn’t look out of place on that line.

He has a different style of game than Tuch but is IQ and his linemates’ IQ is high so they’ve meshed quickly.

He also needs more PP time. I’ve had enough of KO on PP2 or VO on PP1.

There is no reason for KO to be on a PP unit and that isn't meant as a bash to KO. He needs his legs for other things. VO is only useful on the PP so idk what to do with that. Honestly, I would trade VO for the defense help we desperately need because as soon as now we can replace him. 

Jack Quinn should be on a PP unit and be a go to guy. He has so many tricks that he just generates chaos. We need more Chaos... on offense. On defense Jack Quinn is also one of the best forwards. 

  • Like (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...